The Realme GT Neo comes in as a sequel to the regular Realme GT that was earlier released. It shares a lot of DNA with the Regular GT, stretching across design and smartphone hardware. However, the Realme GT Neo does bear a processor that falls behind the Regular GT. More on that later in the article.
Realme GT Neo Key Specs & Features
- 6.43 inches Super AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2400 Pixels, 20:9 Ratio 409 PPPI, 120Hz Refresh Rate
- Android 11, Realme UI 2.0
- Octa-core MediaTek MT6893 Dimensity 1200 5G (6 nm)
- 8GB RAM / 12GB RAM
- 128GB / 256GB Built-in Storage
- 64MP + 8MP + 2MP Triple Rear Cameras
- 16MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint (Side-Mounted)
- 5G Network
- Fats Charging (50W Capacity)
- Non-Removable 4500 mAh Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
We pretty much have the same system going with the design on both smartphones. Their rear and front placements are basically the same. However, they have colour options that set them apart from each other.
Speaking on colour first, we have three, we have three colour variants here that include Black, Silver, and Aurora, as opposed to Gold / Black, Blue, and Silver on the regular GT.
Perusing the rear design, we discover the prominent stripe that runs through the left side of the rear panel reminisced from the Regular GT. However, the stripe runs through to the top, unlike the Regular GT whose stripe doesn’t get to the top of the camera module.
Also on the rear, is the Realme branding and the square camera module bearing three cameras and an LED flash.
Flipping this Android smartphone to get a front view reveals a 6.43-inch Super AMOLED display with a punch-hole camera on the top left corner of the display. The highlights of this display include a resolution of 1080p@30fps, a density of 409 PPI, and a 90Hz refresh rate, which pretty much sums up the package on the former.
The Realme GT Neo’s camera setup also falls in the reminiscence space, bearing the same cameras as seen on the Regular GT.
On the rear, we have an array of three cameras that include a 64MP primary camera with an aperture of f/1.8, an 8MP ultrawide camera with an aperture of f/2.3, and a 119˚ field of view. Lastly, we have a 2MP macro camera with an aperture of f/2.4. Video recording with this camera is capped at 4k @60fps.
Upfront, we have a single 16MP camera with an aperture of f/2.5. Video recording on this camera is capped at 1080p @ 30fps.
Hardware and Software
The main difference between the Realme GT Neo performance makeup and that of the Regular GT is in the processor of choice. Here we have a MediaTek Dimensity 1200 5G processor paired with a Mali-G77 MC9 GPU, while the former bears a Snapdragon 888 processor paired with an Adreno 660 GPU.
Also on the performance train are RAM and storage options that include 128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM, a non-removable 4500mAh battery paired with 50W charging, as opposed to 65W on the regular GT.
On the software side, we have the Realme UI 2.0 user interface running on the Android 11 operating system.
The Realme GT Neo features low-energy Bluetooth 5.1, NFC, a USB type-c port (2.0), and a 3.5mm headphone jack.
Internet connectivity is capped at 5G, which means enthusiasts can utilize 5G connectivity for streaming, downloads, and uploads.
Realme GT Neo Price and Availability
Realme GT Neo price starts at around $325.99 for the 6GB / 128GB variant, which translates to about 114,633 Naira in Nigeria, 1,617 GHC in Ghana and 29,994 Kenya Shillings in Kenya.
The Realme GT Neo was announced on March 31st and was released for purchase on April 8th 2021.
Realme GT Neo Specs
Here are a few specs of the Realme GT Neo:
- Platform: Android 11, Realme UI 2.0
- Processor: MediaTek MT6893 Dimensity 1200 5G (6 nm) (Octa-core 1×3.0 GHz Cortex-A78 & 3×2.6 GHz Cortex-A78 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G77 MC9
- Memory: 6GB / 8GB / 12GB
- Colours: Black, Silver, Aurora
- Dimension: 158.5 x 73.3 x 8.4 mm
- Weight: 179 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.43 inches Super AMOLED, 1080 x 2400 Pixels, 20:9 Aspect Ratio, ~409 PPI
- Screen Protection: –
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 64MP (Primary) + f/1.8 + 8MP (Ultrawide) f/2.3, 119˚ + 2MP (Macro) f/2.4
- Rear Camera Features: Dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, Panorama, PDAF, 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/480fps, gyro-EIS
- Front Camera: 16MP Camera, f/2.5, HDR, Panorama, 1080 @ 30fps
- Built-in Storage: 128GB (UFS 3.1) / 256GB (UFS 3.1)
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: CDMA 800
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 18, 19, 20, 26, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G: 1, 28, 40, 41, 77, 78, 79 SA/NSA
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.1, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: USB Type-C 2.0
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: –
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-removable 4500mAh Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 50W Capacity.