The Realme Narzo 30 takes the Narzo series up a notch, by offering enthusiasts a package that can be described as a step-up of the Narzo 20‘s offering. The highlights of these offerings include an improved processor, more RAM, faster charging, and lots more.
Realme Narzo 30 Key Specs & Features
- 6.5-inch IPS LCD Display, 1080 x 2400 Pixels, ~405 PPI, 90Hz Refresh Rate
- Android 11, Realme UI 2.0
- Octa-core Mediatek Helio G95 (12 nm)
- 6GB RAM
- 128GB Built-in Storage, SD-Card Support
- 48MP + 8MP + 2MP Triple Cameras
- 16MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint (Side-mounted)
- Fast Charging (30W Capacity)
- Non-Removable 5000 mAh Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
In my own opinion, the Realme Narzo 30 design can be seen as refreshing. It sheds some design cues that send a less premium signal, leaving us with a design that appears to be more modern.
On the rear, we discover the absence of the more conspicuous square camera module that sort of left the cameras in a horizontal position. This design is replaced by a vertical array of cameras including an LED flash.
Running from the top left corner of the rear to the bottom is a higher contrast broad line on which you will find the Narzo branding.
There isn’t a Rear-Mounted capacitive fingerprint sensor as seen on the Narzo 20, as it has been replaced by a side-mounted sensor.
Moving upfront, we are greeted with a 6.5 inch IPS LCD with a punch-hole camera on the top-left position, in lieu of the drop notch style on the Narzo 20.
The highlights of the Realme Narzo 30’s display have a resolution of 1080 X 2400, a density of 405 PPI, and a 90Hz refresh rate.
Enthusiasts who decide to purchase this smartphone will have dual color options, including racing blue and racing silver.
The cameras on the Realme Narzo 30 aren’t far-fetched from what we had on the Narzo 20. We have pretty much the same sensors on the rear, but double the pixels upfront.
On the rear, we have a 48MP primary camera with an aperture of f/1.8, a 2MP depth camera with an aperture of f/2.4, and a 2MP macro camera with an aperture of f/2.4. Video recording on this setup is capped at 4k @ 30fps.
Upfront, we have a single 16MP camera with an aperture of f/2.1, which is double the 8MP camera on the Narzo 20. Video record on this camera is capped at 1080p @ 30fps.
Hardware and Software
Performance on the Realme Narzo 30 is championed by the Mediatek Helio G95 processor, which is a setup of the Helio G85 on the Narzo 20.
The other performance facilitators include Mali-G76 MC4 GPU, 6GB RAM, 128GB internal storage, and a non-removable 5000mAh battery, paired with 30W fast charging.
We have got the Realme UI 2.0 user interface running on the Android 11 operating system on the software side.
The highlights of the Realme Narzo 30 connectivity include low-energy Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, a 3.5mm headphone jack, and a USB Type-c port.
Internet connectivity on this device is capped at 4H which means enthusiasts won’t get access to 5G connectivity.
Realme Narzo 30 Price and Availability
The Price of the Realme Narzo 30 starts around $196, which translates to about 80,850 in Naira, 21,168 KSH in Kenya, and 1,135 GHC in Ghana.
The Realme Narzo 30 was announced on the 18th of May 2021 and is expected to be released later in May 2021.
Realme Narzo 30 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Realme Narzo 30:
- Platform: Android 11, Realme UI 2.0
- Processor: Octa-core Mediatek Helio G95 (12 nm) (2×2.05 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G76 MC4
- Memory: 6GB
- Colours: Racing Blue, Racing Silver
- Dimension: 162.3 x 75.4 x 9.4 mm
- Weight: 192 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.5-inches IPS LCD, 1080 x 2400 Pixels, ~83.4% screen-to-body ratio, ~405 PPI, 90Hz Refresh Rate
- Screen Protection: –
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 48MP (Primary) f/1.8 + 2MP (Macro) f/2.4 + 2MP (Depth) f/2.4
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, HDR, Panorama, [email protected], [email protected]/60/120fps, gyro-EIS
- Front Camera: 16MP Camera, f/2.1, HDR, Panorama, [email protected]/120fps
- Built-in Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes (Dedicated Slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: –
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: Type-C 2.0
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: –
- Fingerprint Scanner: –
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-Removable 5000mAh Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 30W Capacity