Groupe Renault announced that it will launch the new Twingo electric car in 2026. This is an efficient and environmentally friendly small car designed for urban travel, with a price of less than 17,000 pounds. This new car will be one of seven electric cars launched by Renault in the European market, and is also an important product of the newly established Ampere electric car company under the Renault Group.
Continue after the short break
ad: GET $10,000+ Free Elon Musk Money on X (Twitter) Click Here
ad: Monetize your Facebook Account for Monthly $500 Click Here
ad: How to Earn Free $100 on Binance & Withdraw Click Here
- Jumia Black Friday Sales 90% OFF
- Download All Latest Movies & TV Series
- Download PPSSPP Games
- Download All Premium Apps for Android
- Latest Phones Specs & Prices
- Latest PC Specs & Prices
- Check Latest Tech News & Telcom gist
- How to tech and guides DIY
Luca de Meo, president of Groupe Renault, called the new Twingo “a recipe for sustainable mobility” and said it was key to the company’s goal of achieving price parity between electric vehicles and gasoline-powered vehicles. He also revealed that the brand may develop the car with external partners.
It is reported that the production cost of the new Twingo will be 50% lower than that of the C-class SUV, thanks to the reduction of materials and the optimization of the software-driven platform, which will reduce the use of parts and materials.
The design style of the new Twingo also continues Renault’s retro style, echoing models such as Mégane E-Tech, Scenic E-Tech, 5 and 4.
At present, Groupe Renault has only revealed some summary information about the new Twingo, calling it an “uncompromising urban vehicle” and claiming that it can achieve an amazing efficiency of 6.2 miles/kWh and that its monthly usage cost will be less than 100 euros.
In addition, Groupe Renault also took this opportunity to officially launch Ampere, a new independent company affiliated with Groupe Renault. The company, established on November 1, will design, manufacture and sell electric vehicles in Europe, but the models will still use the Renault brand. The company will have about 35,000 employees.
One of Ampere’s priorities is to achieve price parity between electric and combustion vehicles, and the company will focus on B- and C-segment models, using two existing Groupe Renault electric vehicle platforms. B-segment models such as the 5, 4 and Twingo will use the Ampr Small (formerly known as CMF-BEV) architecture, and C-segment models such as the Mégane and Scenic will use the Ampr Medium (formerly known as CMF-EV).
- Canada Pushing for Electric Vehicles to Comprise 100% Of New Car Sales By 2035
- Lagos State Government Unveiled first electric car in Nigeria
- Volkswagen launched two ID.4 sports electric vehicles in China
- Tesla plans to update the fully automated driving beta software every 5 to 10 days
- Tesla Model 3 became Europe’s best-selling electric car, with more than 7,000 deliveries in August
- Honda SUV e: concept officially released! China’s first Honda brand pure electric concept car
- Volvo’s first pure electric car XC40 RECHARGE officially unveiled, and blind subscription started
- Volkswagen releases ID.4 electric car to challenge Tesla, with a cruising range of only 400 kilometers
- Tesla’s speed is nearly 100 per hour. The driver’s seat is empty, and four passengers drove autonomously and drank and chanted
- Musk test drive Volkswagen ID.3 electric car: “very good”
Advertising statement: The external jump links (including but not limited to hyperlinks, QR codes, passwords, etc.) contained in the article are used to convey more information and save selection time. The results are for reference only. All Naijatechnews articles include this statement.