Barely five months after the Samsung Galaxy F41 debuted as the first member of the ‘F’ series, Samsung is back with a new series member, the Samsung Galaxy F62, which happens to be a more premium option to the former. The highlight of this smartphone is its 7000 mAh battery, which sort of puts a question mark on the uniqueness of Samsung’s M series.
Samsung Galaxy F62 Key Specs & Features
- 6.7-inch, Super AMOLED Plus Touchscreen, 1080 x 2400 Pixels (393 PPI)
- Android 11, One UI 3.1
- 6GB / 8GB RAM
- Octa-core Exynos 9825 (7 nm+)
- 128GB Built-in Storage, With SD-Card Support up to 1TB
- 64MP + 12MP + 5MP + 5MP Quad Rear Camera
- 32MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Sensor (Side-Mounted)
- 25W Fast Charging (Wired)
- Reverse Charging
- Non-Removable 7000mAh Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
The Samsung Galaxy F62 design is made up of aesthetic pieces we have seen on earlier released smartphones. Joining the pieces together leaves us with a very familiar device. These reminisce are seen on both the rear and front panels.
On the rear, we have a dual-tone finish with stripes. On this dual-tone finish, you will find a square camera module, an LED flash, and the OEM branding, which indicates it’s a Samsung smartphone. Taking a deep scrutiny, sort of brings the Samsung Galaxy M12 to remembrance, as they share some similarities in rear panel design.
Enthusiasts who have decided to purchase the Samsung Galaxy F62 will have three colour variants and they include Laser Green, Laser Gray and Laser Blue.
Moving upfront, we find a 6.7-inch Super AMOLED Plus display with a punch hole in the top center position. This display has a resolution of 1080 x 2400 Pixels, a density of 393 PPI and a 90Hz refresh rate.
Enthusiasts who have decided to migrate or skip the F41 to the Galaxy F62, will be settling for an improved rear camera setup. This improvements umbrellas a higher-res ultrawide camera and the addition of a dedicated macro camera.
The rear camera setup bears a 64MP primary camera with an aperture of f/1.8, a 12MP ultrawide camera with an aperture of f/2.2 and a 123˚ field of view. The other members of the rear setup includes a 5MP macro camera with an apeture of f/2.4 and a 5MP depth camera with an aperture of f/2.4. This setup is capable of recording 4k videos up to 30fps.
Upfront, we have the same single 32MP camera as seen on the previously released Galaxy F41. This camera has an aperture of f/2.0. It is also capable of recording videos up to 4k @ 30fps. Please consult the spec sheet for details on the other recording modes.
Hardware and Software
Performance on the Samsung Galaxy F62 falls in the mid-range category and its powered by an Octa-core Exynos 9825 processor, a Mali-G76 MP12 GPU, 6GB or 8GB RAM options, 128GB built in storage and a non-removable 7000mAh battery.
The fact that we have a 7000mAh battery on board here, sort of puts a question mark on the uniqueness of the members of Samsung’s M series. The F62 sorts takes the battery champ title from the Galaxy M12 which hold the place of the most premium member in the M series, which also in-turn holds the biggest battery in the series at 6000mAh.
On the software side, the Samsung Galaxy F62 runs the One UI 3.1 user interface ontop of the Android 11 operating system.
The Samsung Galaxy F62 features a 3.5mm headphone jack, a USB Type-C port, Bluetooth 5.0, WiFi and NFC.
Internet connectivity on here is capped at 4G, which means enthusiasts won’t have access to 5G connectivity.
Samsung Galaxy F62 Price and Availability
The price of the Samsung Galaxy F62 starts around Rs. 23,999 in India, which translates to about $331. Enthusiasts who decide to go for the top of the line 8GB / 12GB will have to shell out Rs. 25,999, which translates to about $358.
The Samsung Galaxy F62 was announced on February 15th 2021 and is expected to be available for purchase as from February 22nd 2021.
Samsung Galaxy F62 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Samsung Galaxy F62:
- Platform: Android 11, One UI 3.1
- Processor: Exynos 9825 (7nm) (2×2.73 GHz Exynos M4 & 2×2.40 GHz Cortex-A75 & 4×1.95 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G76 MP12
- Memory: 6GB / 8GB
- Colours: Laser Green, Laser Gray, Laser Blue
- Dimension: 163.9 x 76.3 x 9.5 mm
- Weight: 218 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.7-inch Super AMOLED Plus, 1080 x 2400 Pixels, (~393 PP Density)
- Screen Protection: –
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 64MP (Primary) f/1.8 + 12MP (Ultrawide) f/2.2, 123˚FOV + 5MP (Macro) f/2.4 + 5MP (Depth) F/2.4
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, panorama, HDR, [email protected], [email protected]
- Front Camera: 32MP, f/2.0, [email protected], [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes (Up to 128GB)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: –
- HSPA+: –
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: –
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: –
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Side-Mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-Removable 7000mAh Li-Po
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 25W Capacity