The Samsung Galaxy M12 has been unveiled. The all-new Galaxy M12 features a polycarbonate body with a unique pattern for grip. The phone’s rear panel houses a square-shaped quad-camera module accompanied by an LED flash.
On the front, the handset flaunts a 6.5-inch PLS TFT LCD panel with a resolution of 720 x 1600 pixels (HD+) and a dewdrop notch. Samsung calls this screen ‘Infinity-V Display’.
Further, the smartphone is powered by Exynos 850 SoC paired with 3GB/4GB/6GB RAM and 32GB/64GB/128GB internal storage. If required, users can further expand the storage by up to 1TB via a MicroSD card.
Talking about cameras, the device sports a quad-camera setup on the back consisting of a 48MP primary sensor, a 5MP ultra-wide unit, a 2MP macro shooter, and a 2MP depth sensor. There’s also an 8MP front-facing camera in the notch for selfies and video calls.
On the connectivity front, the phone supports dual-SIM, 4G, single-band WiFi, Bluetooth 5.0, and GNSS (GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, GALILEO). As far as ports and sensors are concerned, it comes with a 3.5mm headphone jack, USB Type-C, side-mounted fingerprint sensor, accelerometer, grip sensor, ambient light sensor, and proximity sensor.
Last but not least, the Galaxy M12 is backed by a 6,000mAh battery with support for 15W fast charging, runs One UI 3.0 Core based on Android 11, measures 164.0 x 75.9 x 9.7mm in dimensions, and weighs 221g.
Samsung Galaxy M12 Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 20, 26, 28, 38, 40, 41, 66
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A
- Announced: 2021, February 05
- Status: Exp. release 2021, February
- Dimensions: 164 x 75.9 x 9.7 mm (6.46 x 2.99 x 0.38 in)
- Weight: 221 g (7.80 oz)
- Colors: Gray, Blue, Green
- Build: Glass front, plastic back, plastic frame
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: PLS IPS
- Size: 6.5 inches, 102.0 cm2 (~81.9% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 720 x 1600 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~270 ppi density)
- Android 11, One UI 3.0
- Chipset: Exynos 850 (8nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G52
- RAM: 3GB, 4GB, 6GB
- Internal Storage: 32GB, 64GB, 128GB
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- eMMC 5.1
- Main Camera: Quad
- 48 MP, f/2.0, (wide), PDAF
- 5 MP, f/2.2, 123˚ (ultrawide), 1/5.0″, 1.12µm
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- Selfie Camera: Single – 8 MP, f/2.2, (wide)
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC: No
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, proximity
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 6000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 15W
Models: SM-M127F, SM-M127F/DS, SM-F127G, SM-F127G/DS
Samsung Galaxy M12 Price and Availability
The Samsung Galaxy M12 is available in Vietnam as of today, though only the 32GB and 64GB models and only at brick and mortar stores (more details here). It comes in three different colors – Blue, Black and Jade.