The Samsung Galaxy M32 5G is a sequel to the standard Galaxy M32 that adds offers 5G connectivity, a more capable processor, and more RAM, all wrapped in a chassis that bears a different design. However, it does fall short in its cameras, battery, and display. More on that later in the article.
Samsung Galaxy M32 5G Key Specs & Features
- 6.5-inches LCD, 1080 x 2340 Pixels, 720 x 1600 Pixels, ~270 PPI
- Octa-core Mediatek Dimensity 720 5G (7 nm)
- Android 11, One UI 3.1
- 6GB / 8GB RAM
- 128GB Storage Built-in Storage, with Support for SD-Card Up to 1TB
- 48MP + 8MP + 5MP + 2MP Quad Rear Cameras
- 13MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Sensor (Side-Mounted)
- Non-Removable 5000 mAh Li-ion Battery
Design and Display
The M32 5G design may look different from what is being offered on its 4G sibling, however, making a comparison with Samsung smartphones at large shows that this design isn’t new. Comparing it to the Samsung Galaxy A32 5G consolidates this fact.
On the rear, we have an array of three cameras beside an extra camera and an LED flash, and beneath we have the Samsung branding, which indicates it’s a Samsung smartphone. Just like we saw on the A32 5G.
However, comparing the rear colour options shows disparities, the A32 5G comes in Awesome Black, Awesome White, Awesome Blue, Awesome Violet, while the Galaxy M32 5G comes in Slate Black and Sky Blue.
Moving up front, we have a 6.5-inch IPS LCD with a drop notch, which is basically the same as the A32 5G. This display has a resolution of 720 x 1600 pixels and a density of 270 PPI.
Comparing this display to the 1080p display with a 90Hz refresh rate on the standard M32 shows the M32 5G actually fell short here, which is something to take into consideration.
As discussed in the introductory paragraph, the Cameras on the Samsung Galaxy M32 5G aren’t as capable as the ones on the Galaxy M32, however, this doesn’t mean it wouldn’t churn out good photos and videos.
The rear department here features a 48MP primary camera, an 8MP ultrawide camera with a 123˚ field of view, a 5MP macro camera, and a 2MP depth camera. In lieu of the 64MP + 8MP + 2MP + 2MP set up on the standard M32.
Moving on to the front camera setup reveals a single 13MP camera as opposed to the 2OMP on its non-5G sibling.
Hardware and Software
On the performance side, the Samsung Galaxy M32 5G rocks the MediaTek Dimensity 720 5G processor in lieu of the MediaTek Helio G80 processor on its non-5G sibling.
We also have the Mali-G57 MC3 GPU 6GB / 8GB RAM options, as opposed to 4GB / 6GB options, we have just 128GB storage, a smaller 5000mAh battery compared to the 6000mAh battery on the standard M32.
On the software side, we have the One UI 3.1 user interface running on the Android 11 operating system.
The Samsung Galaxy M32 5G features a 3.5mm jack and a USB Type-C port. It also has Wi-Fi Hotspot and Bluetooth
Internet connectivity is maxed at 5G, which means you can utilize 5G connectivity with this Android smartphone.
Samsung Galaxy M32 5G Price and Availability
Samsung Galaxy M32 5G price starts at around $259, which translates to about 106,452 Naira in Nigeria, 28,439 KSH in Kenya, and 1,562 GHC in Ghana.
The Samsung Galaxy M32 5G was announced on August 25th, 2021, and is expected to be released for purchase on September 2nd, 2021.
Samsung Galaxy M32 5G Specs
Here are a few specs of the Samsung Galaxy M32 5G:
- Platform: Android 11, One UI 3.1
- Processor: MediaTek MT6853 Dimensity 720 5G (7 nm) (2×2.0 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G57 MC3
- Memory: 6GB / 8GB
- Colours: Slate Black, Sky Blue
- Dimension: –
- Weight: –
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.5-inches LCD, 720 x 1600 Pixels, 20:9 Aspect Ratio, ~270 PPI
- Screen Protection: –
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 48MP (Primary) + 8MP (Ultrawide) 123˚ FOV + 5MP (Macro) + 2MP (Depth)
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, panorama, HDR, [email protected]
- Front Camera: 13MP Camera, [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes (Up to 1TB)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 3G WCDMA: –
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41, 66, 78 SA/NSA
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: –
- HSPA+: –
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Yes
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- NFC: –
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: USB Type-C 2.0
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: –
- Loudspeaker: –
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- Maps: –
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: –
- Fingerprint Scanner: –
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: no
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-removable 5000mAh Li-ion Battery
- Talktime: 36 Hours
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: –