The biggest story of the week was the unveil of the Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite and Note 10 Lite. The pair share a non-curved 1080p 6.7-inch Super AMOLED and 4,500mAh batteries with 25W fast-charging, but differ in a few key areas. The Galaxy Note10 Lite has an S Pen, a 10nm Exynos 9810 (as in the Galaxy S9 and Note9) and a 12MP + 12MP + 12MP regular, tele and ultrawide cameras. The Galaxy S10 Lite has a Snapdragon 855 and a 48MP + 12MP + 5MP regular, ultrawide and depth cameras.
Continue after the short break
ad: GET $10,000+ Free Elon Musk Money on X (Twitter) Click Here
ad: Monetize your Facebook Account for Monthly $500 Click Here
ad: How to Earn Free $100 on Binance & Withdraw Click Here
- Jumia Black Friday Sales 90% OFF
- Download All Latest Movies & TV Series
- Download PPSSPP Games
- Download All Premium Apps for Android
- Latest Phones Specs & Prices
- Latest PC Specs & Prices
- Check Latest Tech News & Telcom gist
- How to tech and guides DIY
In other Samsung-related stories the rumor that Samsung will call its next flagship the Galaxy S20 instead of S11 seems to have been solidified. So guess we’d better get used to it.
Samsung also made headlines by announcing that it was the biggest 5G smartphone vendor in 2023 with 6.7 million 5G-capable phones shipped. The company also mentioned that it will be bringing its first 5G tablet in the first quarter of 2023.
OnePlus issued the first teaser for its ConceptOne smartphone, coming at CES 2023, and it showed an uninterrupted rear that hides a triple camera behind a dimmable glass. That’s basically a one pixel LCD, similar to a high-tech glass roof that can dim to reduce the amount of light coming through – neat.
An Apple-filed patent was revealed this week. It suggests that Apple is working on an iPhone without a front-facing camera, notch or FaceID. It’s unclear what Apple will make of this concept of an iPhone with a square screen, but it did make for a popular story.
Xiaomi unveiled its Watch Color for China. The smartwatch runs Android Wear, has a 1.39-inch OLED screen, has GPS and NFC, is 5 ATM water resistant and costs CNY799 ($115/€100) in China.
Speaking of Xiaomi, it delayed its concept Mi Mix Alpha indefinitely. No reason was quoted and no specific release date was given so it might be a while before we get to see the wrap-around screen in person.
This week the specs and images of the realme 5i surfaced. The device will become official on January 6. A day later, on January 7, the Redmi K30 5G will also be unveiled.
Finally Huawei revealed that it has so far shipped 12 million Mate 30 series devices, despite the lack of Google Services. The maker has set its target at 20 million.
- Samsung Auto Blocker: Here is Everything You Should Know
- Samsung Galaxy Buds+ closer to release
- Samsung Galaxy S11+ to pack a 5,000 mAh battery capacity
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 to launched in India- FE Wi-Fi variant
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite
- Register Now to Watch Samsung’s Newest Galaxy Unpacked Livestream and Save $30
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e tablet gets OneUI 3.1 update
- Complete List of Samsung Galaxy Devices Confirmed to Get One UI 3.5 Update
- Samsung Galaxy M12 Specs and Price (6,000 mAh Battery, 48MP Cam)
- Samsung Galaxy Store to do away with Paid Content In Select Countries
Advertising statement: The external jump links (including but not limited to hyperlinks, QR codes, passwords, etc.) contained in the article are used to convey more information and save selection time. The results are for reference only. All Naijatechnews articles include this statement.