Table of Contents
- Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G Key Specs & Features
- Design and Display
- S-PEN Support
- No Charger, No Headphones in the Box
- The Cameras
- Hardware and Software
- Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G Price and Availability
- Samsung Galaxy S21 5G Specs
- Network Support
- Internet & Connectivity
- Sensors & Control
- Other Features
The Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G succeeds the Galaxy S20 Ultra, to become the most powerful smartphone in the S series. It offers a package that sort of suits enthusiasts who are not satisfied with the other offerings in the Galaxy S21 series. In comparison with its less premium siblings, we have the biggest display, the most RAM, the most storage, the biggest battery, and lots more.
Continue after the short break
ad: GET $10,000+ Free Elon Musk Money on X (Twitter) Click Here
ad: Monetize your Facebook Account for Monthly $500 Click Here
ad: How to Earn Free $100 on Binance & Withdraw Click Here
- Jumia Black Friday Sales 90% OFF
- Download All Latest Movies & TV Series
- Download PPSSPP Games
- Download All Premium Apps for Android
- Latest Phones Specs & Prices
- Latest PC Specs & Prices
- Check Latest Tech News & Telcom gist
- How to tech and guides DIY
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G Key Specs & Features
- 6.8-inch, Dynamic AMOLED 2x Display, 1440 x 3200 Pixels (515 PPI), 120Hz Refresh Rate
- Android 11, One UI 3.1
- 12GB / 16GB RAM
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 (USA) – Octa-core Exynos 2100 (Global)
- 128GB/ 256GB Built-in Storage
- 108MP + 10MP + 10MP + 12MP Triple Rear Camera
- 40MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Sensor (Under Display, Ultrasonic)
- 25W Fast Charging
- 15W Wireless Charging
- 4.5W Reverse Charging
- Water and Dust Proof (IP68 certification)
- 5000mAh Non-Removable Li-ion Battery
Design and Display
The Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G’s design stands out. Comparing it to its less premium siblings, sort of indicates the Ultra is on a higher pedestal. The aesthetics and build parameters say it all.
On the rear, you will discover a camera bump bearing four cameras arranged in a manner you can liken to a Frankenstein design. It is sort of a design that will appeal to camera enthusiasts. You will also find an LED flash in the camera module.
Enthusiasts who decide to go for this Android smartphone, will have five colour options and they include, Phantom Black, Phantom Silver, Phantom Titanium, Phantom Navy, Phantom Brown.
Moving upfront, we have got a massive 6.8-inch dynamic OLED display, which happens to be the biggest S21 series. However, comparing this display to that of the S20 ultra, shows that Samsung dropped at an inch, which is a welcome development in my opinion. While many may desire very large displays, there are still people who find it stressful to operate such displays.
This display has a resolution of 1440 x 3200, a density of 515 PPI, a 120Hz refresh rate. It also bears the top of the line Gorilla Glass victus.
Samsung introduced the S-Pen to the S series this year. However, the S-PEN is only supported on the top of the Line Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G.
The S-Pen system featured here isn’t as robust as what we have on the Note 20 series. It’s basically a tool that can help you can use to scribble notes as well as some other functions, the recent remote function is absent.
What’s more, the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra doesn’t have a cavity that holds the PEN when not in use as such you will be needing a special case which Samsung sells. Please note that the S-Pen doesn’t come in the box. It’s optional.
The price of the S-PEN alone costs $39.99, Including the Silicone case with the S-Pen costs $69.99, while the official flip case and the S-PEN costs $89.99
No Charger, No Headphones in the Box
It turns out that Apple’s big move to not featuring headphones and chargers in the box of smartphones has lowkey started becoming a trend. Xiaomi’s quick adoption of the Mi 11 is an indicator.
Samsung has also gone with this move, the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G as well as its siblings in the series, will not be coming with headphones or charging bricks, which is sort of a turn off for me, considering the cost of acquiring this high-end device.
The Cameras on the Samsung Galaxy are undoubtedly the most robust in the series. Unlike last year, when the less premium S20 and S20 plus shared a lot of camera DNA with the top of the line S20 ultra, we have got a large gap between the S21 ultra and the less premium options.
For starters, we have got a quad-camera system on the rear, as opposed to the triple camera system o its less premium siblings. This rear camera system is headed by a 108MP primary camera with an aperture of f/1.8, a 10MP periscope telephoto camera with 10x optical zoom, and an aperture of f/4.9, a 10MP telephoto camera with 3x optical zoom, and an aperture of f/2.4.
The last member of the quad-camera system is a 12MP ultrawide camera with an aperture of f/2.2. This rear camera system is capable of shooting videos up to 8k @ 24fps. Do well to visit the specs sheet to know more about the other video record modes.
Moving upfront, we have a single 40MP camera with an aperture of f/2.2. Video record on this camera is capped at 4k @ 60fps.
Hardware and Software
The performance setup on the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra setup comprises of an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 processor for USA / China variants or an Exynos 2100 processor on the international side.
Also onboard is the Adreno 660 GPU for USA / China, Mali-G78 MP14 GPU on the international variants. We also have options for either 12GB RAM or 16GB RAM. For storage, we have three colour variants, which include 128GB, 256GB, and 512GB.
Keeping the smartphone alive is a non-removable 5000mAh battery. Enthusiasts will also have a 25W fast wired charging, 15W wireless charging, and 4.5W reverse wireless charging.
On the software side, we have One UI 3.1 user interface running on the Android 11 operating system.
The Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G features a USB Type C (USB 3.2) port, dual-band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.2, and NFC.
Internet connectivity here is capped at 5G as the smartphone supports 5G networks.
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G Price and Availability
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G price starts at $1199 at leading global online stores like Amazon. Which translates to 457,419 Naira in Nigeria, 131,950 KSH in Kenya and 7,009 GHC in Ghana.
The smartphone was announced on January 14th, 2023, and is expected to be available for purchase from the 29th of January 2023.
Samsung Galaxy S21 5G Specs
Here are a few specs of the Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
- Platform: Android 11, One UI 3.1
- Processor: Qualcomm SM8350 Snapdragon 888 ( Octa-core 1×2.84 GHz Kryo 680 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 680 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 680) – USA / China – Exynos 2100 (Octa-core 1×2.9 GHz Cortex-X1 & 3×2.80 GHz Cortex-A78 & 4×2.2 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G78 MP14 (International) – Adreno 660 (USA/China)
- Memory: 12GB / 16GB RAM
- Colours: Phantom Black, Phantom Silver, Phantom Titanium, Phantom Navy, Phantom Brown
- Dimension: 165.1 x 75.6 x 8.9 mm
- Weight: 227g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.8-Inch Dynamic AMOLED 2X, 1440 x 3200 Pixels, ~87.2% Screen-to-body Ratio, 120Hz Refresh Rate, HDR10+
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass Victus
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 12MP (Primary) f/1.8 + 64MP (Telephoto) f/2.0 + 12MP (Ultrawide) f/2.2, 120˚ FOV
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, Auto-HDR, Panorama, 8K@24fps, 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/240fps, 720p@960fps, HDR10+, stereo sound rec., gyro-EIS
- Front Camera: 10MP Camera, f/2.2, Dual video call, Auto-HDR, 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30fps
- Built-in Storage: 128GB / 256GB / 512GB
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: 800 / 1900
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 14, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28, 30, 38, 39, 40, 41, 46, 48, 66, 71
- 5G: SA/NSA/Sub6/mmWave
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.2, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: USB Type-C
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes (Snapdragon model only; market/operator dependent)
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: No
- Navigation: A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: Yes
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Under display, ultrasonic)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Stylus Pen: Yes
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Google Assistant, Bixby
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: Yes (15W Capacity) + 4.5W Reverse wireless charging
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: Yes (IP68 – up to 1.5m for 30 mins)
- Dust Resistant: Yes
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-Removable 4000mAh Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 25W Fast Charging Capacity
- Samsung Galaxy A25 5G mobile phone renderings exposed
- OPPO Reno11 5G : equipped with Dimensity 8200, 4800mAh battery
- 🔥🔥 Samsung Galaxy S24/S24+ mobile phone model photos exposed
- Samsung Galaxy A25 5G specifications: Exynos 1280 processor + 50 million main camera
- How Apple, Samsung Lost Global Market Share to Tecno, Infinix, Itel Smartphones
- Samsung Galaxy S24 Series Renderings
- Samsung Galaxy A25 5G Renderings
- Samsung Galaxy S24/Ultra Korean Version Appears on Geekbench
- 2023Q3 global mobile phone market revenue report
- Samsung will release the Galaxy S24 series January 17
Advertising statement: The external jump links (including but not limited to hyperlinks, QR codes, passwords, etc.) contained in the article are used to convey more information and save selection time. The results are for reference only. All Naijatechnews articles include this statement.