Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite
The Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite comes in Wi-Fi only and 4G models. The tablet is both smaller and cheaper compared to the Galaxy Tab A7 10.4 (2020).
The Galaxy Tab A7 Lite features an 8.7” LCD with 1,340 x 800 px resolution (15:9). The back cover is made out of metal, but the slate is still fairly light at 366g and measures 8.0 mm thick (note that the LTE version is a few grams heavier).
This slate is powered by a Helio P22T chipset (MT8768T), which has eight Cortex-A53 cores and a PowerVR GE8320 GPU. The base configuration has 3 GB of RAM and 32 GB storage, but you can get a 4/64 GB unit if that feels too cramped. In both cases the slate supports microSD cards up to 1 TB.
The tablet has a 5,100 mAh battery. It can be charged over USB-C at 15W, though you don’t get one included in the box. Also, note that the USB-C port is wired only for 2.0 speeds, so you won’t get display out (so no DeX mode).
Both the Wi-Fi and the 4G versions of the Tab A7 Lite have Wi-Fi 5, Bluetooth 5.0 and GPS (again, no NFC). While they are not AKG-branded, the slate also has stereo speakers with Dolby Atmos support. And this one does have a 3.5 mm headphone jack.
The 8 MP camera on the back has autofocus, but the chipset can’t keep up with 4K so it tops out at 1080p/30 fps. The front-facing camera has 2 MP resolution (fixed focus), should still be good enough for video calls, though.
Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 20, 28, 38, 40, 66
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A
- Announced: 2021, May 27
- Status: Exp. release 2021, June 18
- Dimensions: 212.5 x 124.7 x 8 mm (8.37 x 4.91 x 0.31 in)
- Weight: 366 g (Wi-Fi), 371 g (LTE) (12.91 oz)
- Build: Glass front, aluminum back, aluminum frame, plastic ends
- Colors: Gray, Silver
- SIM: Nano-SIM
- Type: TFT
- Size: 8.7 inches, 214.9 cm2 (~81.1% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 800 x 1340 pixels, 5:3 ratio (~179 ppi density)
- Android 11, One UI 3.1
- Chipset: Mediatek MT8768T Helio P22T (12 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.3 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- Storage: 32GB 3GB RAM, 64GB 4GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Main Camera: Single – 8 MP, AF
- Video: [email protected]
- Selfie Camera: Single – 2 MP
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- NFC: No
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0
- Sensors: Accelerometer, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5100 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 15W
Models: SM-T225, SM-T220
Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite Price and Availability
The Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite which will be available in Gray, Silver color options will be available in Europe from Samsung.com starting in mid-June. Note that not all countries are getting the LTE version, prices below: