Samsung the world’s largest manufacturer of mobile phones and smartphones is a South Korean multinational conglomerate headquartered in Samsung Town, Seoul. It was founded by Lee Byung-chul in 1938 as a trading company. Over the next three decades, the group diversified into areas including food processing, textiles, insurance, securities, and retail. Samsung entered the electronics industry in the late 1960s and the construction and shipbuilding industries in the mid-1970s; these areas would drive its subsequent growth. Following Lee’s death in 1987, Samsung was separated into four business groups – Samsung Group, Shinsegae Group, CJ Group and Hansol Group. Since 1990, Samsung has increasingly globalised its activities and electronics; in particular, its mobile phones and semiconductors have become its most important source of income. As of 2017, Samsung has the 6th highest global brand value.
Continue after the short break
ad: GET $10,000+ Free Elon Musk Money on X (Twitter) Click Here
ad: Monetize your Facebook Account for Monthly $500 Click Here
ad: How to Earn Free $100 on Binance & Withdraw Click Here
- Jumia Black Friday Sales 90% OFF
- Download All Latest Movies & TV Series
- Download PPSSPP Games
- Download All Premium Apps for Android
- Latest Phones Specs & Prices
- Latest PC Specs & Prices
- Check Latest Tech News & Telcom gist
- How to tech and guides DIY
Samsung‘s plans to open up a display manufacturing facility in India is not exactly a new development but the company finally got the green light from the Indian government and will proceed with the investment in April 2023.
The plant will be worth $500 million and will be located in Noida – close to Samsung’s biggest smartphone manufacturing facility in the world. The display facility will start with just smartphone displays with all the accompanying accessories and parts and will venture into the TV and laptop segment later on.
In order to branch out, the facility must first ramp up production and start meeting demands from third-party manufacturers. But first, Samsung is planning to hit 120 million manufactured units in the country and the new plant will definitely help speed up the process.
The Korean giant has plans to start manufacturing batteries in India as well but information surrounding the project is scarce for now.
- 🔥🔥 Samsung Galaxy S24/S24+ mobile phone model photos exposed
- Samsung Galaxy A25 5G specifications: Exynos 1280 processor + 50 million main camera
- How Apple, Samsung Lost Global Market Share to Tecno, Infinix, Itel Smartphones
- Samsung Galaxy S24 Series Renderings
- Samsung Galaxy A25 5G Renderings
- Samsung Galaxy S24/Ultra Korean Version Appears on Geekbench
- 2023Q3 global mobile phone market revenue report
- Samsung will release the Galaxy S24 series January 17
- Samsung Galaxy S20/Note20 miss One UI 6× Android 14 update
- Samsung Auto Blocker: Here is Everything You Should Know
Advertising statement: The external jump links (including but not limited to hyperlinks, QR codes, passwords, etc.) contained in the article are used to convey more information and save selection time. The results are for reference only. All Naijatechnews articles include this statement.