With mobile technology getting more advanced as the years goes by, it is more and more important to back up our photos, videos, music and other files.
This can be very handful in the case of theft, loss of phone or loss of data. For iPhone users, there are quite a few tools you can use for this and MacX Mediatrans is one of those tools.
With MacX MediaTrans, you can back up your iPhone photos, videos, music and other files to your computer.
I understand you being like, isn’t that what iTunes is for? Technically, yes! However, iTunes comes with some downsides. Example is you losing files you got from another source during the course of iTunes sync with your iPhone.
To prevent cases like this, it is necessary you sort for third-party softwares that allows you back up your files without losing any existing file or data on your iPhone.
Table Of Contents
MacX MediaTrans Advantages Compared To iTunes
To better convey this, let’s look at the benefit of using iPhone back up and restore tools like MacX MediaTrans over Apple’s iTunes.
- Stable Operations and no iTunes errors
- Transfer essential files selectively from iPhone to Mac without wasting time to sync all the files, especially the unnecessary ones.
- Fastest file transfer speed, easy to operate.
- More powerful music file management abilities than iTunes, support to add/delete/edit playlists on mac.
- Comprehensive bonus features such as turn iPhone to external hard drive, create iPhone ringtone, encrypt iPhone and Mac files.
- Transfer videos in MKV, FLV, AVI, WMA and more besides the regular ones accepted by iTunes.
- Auto compress large 4K, HD video files to save iPhone space, auto convert video format for iOS.
- Never replace the old music playlist on your iPhone after importing music from mac.
- Support to transfer non-iTunes music files
- And a lot more.
Currently, MacX MediaTrans is doing a giveaway. They are offering MediaTrans license key for free.
If this is something you are interested in, visit the giveaway page to get started.
Point is, if you are sourcing for an iTunes alternative needed for transferring photos from iPhone to your computer, transfer music from computer to iPhone ET cetera, then MacX MediaTrans is your go-to-tool.
How To Get Started With MacX MediaTrans iPhone Transfer
Having discussed the benefits of using this software over using iTunes, I’d like to guide you through using the software.
The first step would be downloading the software.
Download MacX mediaTrans iPhone Transfer here. On the page, you can choose between downloading the version suitable for windows, or mac. Depending on which PC you are using, download the suitable software for your machine.
Although the free version can do the basic things, it comes with some limitations here and there. To get rid of this, you’d need a license. This, you can either choose to purchase, or enter the giveaway.
If you care, here is a brief video which introduces the software. The video talks briefly on what the software offers and how to get started.
Having cleared that out, let me you give you an insight on how to use the software.
How To Use MacX MediaTrans iPhone Transfer
As earlier mentioned, there are two versions available for this tool; Windows and Mac.
While on windows, it’s termed WinX, on Mac, it’s termed MacX. Hence, be on the look out for the appropriate version for your computer.
Files you can transfer includes Photo Transfer, Music Manager, Videoes. You can also encrypt files, transfer books, import and export voice memos and ringtone. Access files in flash drive of the iPhone as well as remove DRM.
As a case study, let’s discuss importing and exporting music files.
Import and Export Music Files
- Upon launching the MediaTrans Tool and connecting your iPhone or iPad to your computer via its USB cable, you will be promoted to disable auto-sync. Close the iTunes Application if it launches.
- On the MediaTrans iPhone transfer tool, select the appropriate type of file you want to export or import. In this case, we want to import music files hence, we’d select Music Manager.
- All the music files on your phone should be displayed at this phone. Select the file(s) you want to export to your computer.
- Thereafter, choose between Export, Add music or Delete Music. If you want to copy the files to your computer, choose export. If you want to import music files, choose Add Music and if you want to delete those files, choose the delete music option. Since we want to export them, we will choose export.
- Alternatively, you can just open the folder on your computer where you want these files copied to. Thereafter, drag these files from the MacX tool window to the folder. That works and seems faster.
That’s it. That’s how to transfer files between your computer and your iPhone or iPad.
This works seamlessly. However, if using the free version, there are limitations. For the most part, you get the limitations of being able to transfer only 30 files per specific type of files daily.
What that means is, you can transfer 30 pictures, 30 videos, 30 pictures, ET cetera. If you want this limitation removed, you would need a license or you can opt in for one for free.
Again, this is indeed an awesome iTunes Alternative and would recommend using over iTunes if you have files on your phone you had gotten from an external source.
The mediaTrans tools works with all iPhones up to the iPhone X and supports all iOS versions up to the latest being iOS 12.
Advertising statement: The external jump links (including but not limited to hyperlinks, QR codes, passwords, etc.) contained in the article are used to convey more information and save selection time. The results are for reference only. All Naijatechnews articles include this statement.