The Vivo X60 5G is a new device from a Chinese company and also the first smartphone to packs Samsung Exynos 1080 5nm chipset. The handset is described as one of the slim flagship devices ever. It comes with impressive features and a great camera setup as well.
Vivo X60 5G Key Specs & Features
- 6.56 inches AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2376 pixels (~398 ppi)
- Android 11, OriginOS
- Octa-core Exynos 1080 (5 nm)
- 8GB RAM
- 128GB, 256GB Built-in Storage
- 48 MP + 13 MP + 13 MP Triple Rear Cameras
- 32 MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint (under-display)
- 4G LTE Network
- 5G Network
- Fast Charging 33W
- Non-Removable Li-Po 4300 mAh Battery
Design and Display
Going by the design, the Vivo X60 is a beauty to behold. The maker’s goal was to make the handset the slimmest 5G phone ever produced. It has 7.36 millimeters thick and weighs just 175 grams.
The panel features a curved back with an AG Glass Satin Finish for a silky touch. On the front, it has a flat display while the Pro model comes with a curved display which will distinguish both models.
Its entire body has a dual-tone paint job finished that produced a color shift depending on the angle light rays hit the device. The Vivo X60 5G has a 6.56-inch display with a 2376 x 1080 resolution and a 120Hz refresh rate.
The punch hole features an AMOLED display 19.8:9 aspect ratio, and are HDR10+ certified. Vivo claims the screen has an LTM Sunscreen display which is also co-developed with Samsung and its design to be clear and bright even under strong light.
On the camera aspect, the Vivo X60 5G comes with a second-gen Sony 48 MP gimbal camera along with a 4-axis OIS anti-shake and a closed-loop motor for stabilization. There is an additional dual 13 MP ultrawide angle camera and also a 13 MP telephoto camera.
The Vivo X60 camera is loaded with some features. For example, users can shoot both standard, portrait, and wide-angle photos in night mode and also panorama photos. Even when you take the old Black and White photos on your phone, you can still restore the colors using AI.
Hardware and Software
The Vivo X60 5G has a powerful Exynos 1080 chipset based on 5nm process technology. The new chip is paired with an octa-core processor running at a fast speed of 2.8 GHz.
It comes with 8GB or 12GB of RAM and 128GB or 256GB of UFS 3.1 storage. The phone is powered by Android 11 with OriginOS on top.
Battery and Network
Fueling the handset is a 4300 mAh battery and there is support for Fast charging 33W. Vivo includes an under-display fingerprint scanner on the phone coupled with Face unlock for security.
Other features on the inside are 4G, 5G network, Dual SIM support, Bluetooth 5.1, NFC, and dual-band Wi-Fi.
Vivo X60 5G Price and Availability
The Vivo X60 5G will sell at a price of $535 for the 8GB RAM + 128GB while the 12GB + 256GB will cost up to $612.
In Nigeria, the smartphone will sell for 235,000 Naira, 70,000 Ksh in Kenya, and 3,800 Ghs in Ghana.
It will be available in Gray, Aurora, and White colors.
Vivo X60 5G Specs
Here are a few specs of the Vivo X60 5G:
- Platform: Android 11, OriginOS
- Processor: Exynos 1080 (5 nm), Octa-core (1×2.8 GHz & 3×2.6 GHz & 4×2.0 GHz)
- GPU: –
- Memory: 8GB, 12GB RAM
- Colours: Gray, Aurora, White
- Dimension: 159.6 x 75 x 7.4 mm
- Weight: 175.6 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, dual stand-by
- SIM Count: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: 6.56 inches AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2376 pixels (~398 ppi)
- Screen Protection: Yes
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 48 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF, OIS + 13 MP, f/2.5, 50mm (portrait), 1/2.8″, 0.8µm, PDAF, 2x optical zoom + 13 MP, f/2.2, 120˚, 16mm (ultrawide) triple cameras, [email protected], [email protected], gyro-EIS
- Rear Camera Features: Zeiss optics, LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Front Camera: 32 MP Camera, f/2.5, 26mm (wide), 1/2.8″, 0.8µm HDR, [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 128GB, 256GB
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: Yes
- 2G GSM: Yes, GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes, CDMA 800 & TD-SCDMA
- 3G WCDMA: Yes, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 18, 19, 26, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G: Yes, 1, 3, 41, 77, 78, 79 SA/NSA
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: Yes, USB Type-C, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: No
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: Yes
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (under-display)
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: Yes
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: Yes
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: Li-Po 4300 mAh, non-removable Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Fast charging 33W