vivo Y51 (2021) Specifications and Price
vivo announced the Y51 back in September this year with the Snapdragon 665 chipset, AMOLED screen, and 48MP quad camera. Now the company has announced one more smartphone with the vivo Y51 moniker, but it has a different design and internals.
The newly launched vivo Y51 sports a 6.58-inch IPS LCD panel on the front with a resolution of 2408 × 1080 pixels (FHD+). The display supports the standard 60Hz refresh rate and features a dew-drop notch on the top nesting a 16MP selfie camera.
Whereas, the back of the phone houses a vertically aligned ‘vivo’ branding and a triple camera system consisting of a 48MP primary sensor with an f/1.79 wide-angle lens, an 8MP secondary sensor paired with an f/2.2 ultra-wide-angle lens, and a 2MP tertiary sensor with an f/2.4 macro lens. These cameras are also accompanied by a dual-LED flash.
Further, the device is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 chipset coupled with 8GB RAM and 128GB internal storage. If needed, the storage can be further expanded up to 1TB using a microSD card. As for software, it runs Funtouch OS 11 based on Android 11.
Being a budget smartphone, it comes with a 3.5mm headphone jack, which sits at the bottom alongside the USB Type-C port, speaker grille, and primary microphone.
Other specs of this handset include dual-band WiFi 5, Bluetooth 5.0, GNSS (GPS, BeiDou, GLONASS, Galileo), accelerometer, ambient light sensor, proximity sensor, compass, gyro sensor, and a 5,000mAh battery with support for 18W fast charging.
vivo Y51 (2020, December) Specifications
Since this is a quiet lengthy article, we have added a table of contents for easier navigation.
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 3, 5, 8, 40
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A
- Announced: 2020, December 03
- Status: Exp. release 2020, December 07
- Dimensions: 163.9 x 75.3 x 8.4 mm (6.45 x 2.96 x 0.33 in)
- Weight: 188 g (6.63 oz)
- Colors: Titanium Sapphire, Crystal Symphony
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD
- Size: 6.58 inches, 101.5 cm2 (~82.2% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2408 pixels, 21:9 ratio (~415 ppi density)
- Android 11, Funtouch 11
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM665 Snapdragon 665 (11 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.0 GHz Kryo 260 Gold & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 610
- RAM: 8GB
- Internal Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Main Camera: Triple
- 48 MP, f/1.8, (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 120˚, (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected], [email protected], gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 16 MP, f/2.0, (wide), 1/3.06″ 1.0µm
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- Radio: FM Radio
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC: No
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 18W, 70% in 67 min (advertised)
vivo Y51 (2020, December) Price and Availability
The new vivo Y51 comes in Titanium Sapphire and Crystal Symphony colors. It’s priced at IDR3,599,000 ($255/€210) in Indonesia and is up for pre-orders in the country till December 7 through online retailer Shopee.