Ways to Check who Called your Phone in South Africa.
Technology has taken over the world that it makes life more easy and comfortable for anyone to live in. Gone are the days where you have to write to someone who is just a distance away from you, or when you had to depend on a town crier for the latest update.
Telecommunication has made sending and receiving of information from one person to another quite simple and stress-free. South Africa has thousands of smartphone owners who make and receive calls every day. In the process of receiving calls, there is a high need to detect who the caller is.
However, smartphones are increasingly penetrating the market for mobile communication, and thus, all android devices have a caller ID embedded in it. When a call is received, the caller ID is shown, and if it is saved, other details such as the name are also displayed.
Therefore, the tendency to not know who the caller is will be low but just in case you cannot trace a phone call in South Africa, this content is going to give you a guide on how to go about it.
People Who May Likely Call You With an Unknown Caller ID
Below is a list of the people of who might have called you from an unknown caller ID or blocked numbers:
- A scammer is trying to con you or to phish your identity over the smartphone. This is mainly because nowadays most people use mobile banking.
- An ex-boyfriend or girlfriend wants to catch up or talk about the breakup.
- Legit businesses and clients are trying to contact you.
- A prankster is getting on your nerves. They can be friends trying to get your attention.
- A person or institution calling during an emergency when listed as next of kin.
- A former business associate in case of a deal gone wrong or trying to get new business deals.
Nevertheless, an unwanted and unknown call is a breach of your privacy, and thus, one needs to find out the details of the call.
Applications used to Trace a Phone call in South Africa
If someone calls you with a hidden identity, do not worry, as there is a way you can unmask an unknown call.
A smartphone user in South Africa needs to download third-party applications from Apple Store if running on Ios or Google Play if running on Android. There are many third-party applications one can use to trace a phone call in South Africa for free that include:
- Call App: Caller ID, Call Blocker & Recording calls
- Truecaller: Caller ID, spam blocking & Call Record
- Contacts, Phone Dialer & Caller ID: drupe
- Current caller ID- made by the directory company White Pages thus has access to the company’s rich directory.
How to Check Who Called Me in South Africa
The following are simple steps that can allow you to trace a call from an unknown caller ID, private or blocked phone number.
- Download the third-party app on your smartphone, say, true caller.
- Sign up/register and make sure it is activated
- When receiving a suspicious call, decline or leave it to ring for some time and the true caller will do its trick.
- On the screen, you can now see the callers ID and take appropriate measures like return the call or report it to the authorities.
Note that some of these applications also have a reverse lookup feature enabling further tracing of calls.
Effects of Unknown Calls
- Unknown calls are unsafe for everyone using mobile phones. The following are major reasons for knowing who called you:
- Mobile phone harassment is a serious and sensitive issue. Most of the time unknown calls are meant to be harmful, hence the need to find out who is behind the harassment and how to prevent it.
It does not take much for a call to be considered a case of bullying or harassment. It may take the following forms:
- Making vulgar and obscene comments and suggestions
- Attempting to con and scam people over the phone
- Any attempt to steal any financial information of a person over the phone
- Refusal to identify oneself over the phone.
All these cause a lot of discomfort and frustration to an innocent receiver. There is thus a need to do a phone number search for South Africa to identify these spam calls and block them.
How to Stop Unwanted Calls
After downloading the true-caller or trap-call app, one can tweak and use the available features for free. Such a feature is needed to block spam and unwanted calls. After entering the phone number that is disrupting your peace, these third-party apps will block them from calling or forwarding texts to you.
The following is a step by step procedure to block a number from calling you again on true caller app on Ios or Android
- Once you are logged in click on the drop-down menu on the top left of the screen.
- Click on the settings tab.
- Then, scroll down to “Block” and click on it.
- Click on My block list and add or remove the numbers you want to block or unblock respectively.
- You can also automatically block top spammers i.e. frequently blocked numbers.
Another great feature of these applications is the call recording feature which allows one to record calls for future use. In case of any harassment and bullying, this feature helps in storing the call as evidence.
How to record a Call using True Caller App
Below is the step by step procedure for recording a call using a Truecaller app on iOS or Android Devices.
- When on a call click,, on the drop-down menu on the top left of the screen.
- Click on the settings tab.
- Scroll down to “Call recording”.
- Click on “Start Call recording“.