Website Traffic ; 40 Simple Ways to Increase and maintain it
In this post, I will reveal to you the 40 ways to increase your website traffic. You really need to know these s of website traffic so that you know where to find it if you need it. Web traffic is the number of people that visit your site on daily basis. I will use the Google Analytic dashboard to explain this web traffic concept to you.
Read Also: How to Create Business Website using WordPress even without Web Design Skills
The Concept of Website Traffic
Let’s use the image below to explain…
Web traffic could be explained as follows
- Users: Number of users that visit your website at a particular time interval (daily, weekly, or monthly). From the picture above the number of users are represented at 235,274.
- Page Views: This is the number of times the user(s) click to open a new page/post.
- Bounce Rate: This is the percent rate of exit. When the user leaves your site, it’s calculated as bounce rate. The lower the bounce rate the better.
5 Main Sources of Website Traffic
Here are the 5 Main Sources of Website Traffic
You will get traffic to your website when a reader/user clicks a link from another website to visit your own. This is web traffic through referrals.
How to increase your referral traffic…
1. Get traffic from other websites through natural linking
2. Get traffic from other websites through guest posting
3. Get traffic from other websites through comment posting
4. Get traffic from other websites through forum commenting
5. Get traffic from other websites through affiliate campaigns
6. Get traffic from other websites through paid advertising
This is website traffic from Google search. That is… if an individual enters your website from Google search result after performing a keyword search using Google search tool. This is typically referred to as “organic traffic”.
How to Increase Organic Traffic
Here are few suggestions to increase your organic web traffic. This is typically called Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Here are the working checklist
7. Do keywords research before you write your articles
8. Verify your site on Google and Yahoo webmaster tools
9. Optimize your articles to rank well in Google
10. Write epic, detailed and useful contents to attract links from other websites
11. Choose a country target in Google Search Console
12. Create and submit your website sitemap to Google
13. Increase your Site speed
14. Use absolute urls
15. publish only original contents
16. Perform internal link building
17. Use images in articles and add descriptive ALT tags and filenames to them
18. Use title tags on your keywords
19. Shorten meta descriptions to 155 characters or less
20. Shorten title tags t0 tags ~65 characters or less
21. Put the keyword in the url slug
22. Limit the number of 404 / 500 errors
23. Make your site mobile friendly (responsive)
24. Make your site sharable on social media
25. Add Authorship Markup to your site
C. Social Traffic:
Many webmasters drive traffic traffic to their websites using social media platforms. These are;
26. Get website traffic from Facebook
27. Get website traffic from google plus
28. Get website traffic from Twitter
29. Get website traffic from Instagram
30. Get website traffic from Pinterest
31. Get get website traffic from LinkedIn
A campaign in terms of web traffic involves getting your website traffic from paid or sponsored s. A typical example is email marketing. When you get your email subscriber to visit your site again, this is recorded as campaigns. A typical examples are…
32. Get Website traffic through email marketing
33. Content marketing tools
E. Direct Visitors:
This is when a visitor visit your website directly without passing through any s listed above. These are called direct visitors.
See how to increase direct visitors to your website
34. Use memorable site url
35. Make your website to be unique and attractive
36. Offer invaluable services
37. Advertise your website on offline media like newspapers, billboard etc.
38. Organize or sponsor events
39. Tell them to come back again
40. Keep publishing content your audience will love.
These are the 40 ways
👍Advertise your business on Naijatechnews.com!
From just N14,999 per month, you can advertise your products and services to over 1,500,000 users on our website. Click here to read more.
Information is Power!
Don’t miss any valuable information or opportunity that can change your life, business, and family positively and permanently.
For Latest updates on News, Jobs & Business Ideas, and Opportunities.
Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, or redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
Proper acknowledgment includes, but not limited to (a) LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE in the case of re-publication on online media, (b) Proper referencing in the case of usage in research, magazine, brochure, or academic purposes,.
All contents are protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
The images, except where otherwise indicated, are taken directly from the web, if some images were inserted by mistake violating the copyright, please contact the administrator for immediate removal.
We publish all content with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, please contact us for immediate removal.