Being able to download WhatsApp status is doable and in this post, we will be letting you in on all you need to know about WhatsApp Status as well as show you how to download whatsapp status videos and pictures. We will also share with you, some of the best WhatsApp status downloader for Android and iPhone.
Whatsapp has over the years, grown to be one of the most popular mobile messaging apps. The mobile application keeps getting updated with new features. One of the most recent, is the ability to lock the app using Touch ID or face ID on iPhone.
Prior to that update, we’ve seen the application launch a wide range of features. From being able to format WhatsApp messages to being able to engage in voice and video calls. There’s also the ability to use the application on your computer. We even shared some tips and tricks regarding the use of WhatsApp web.
In this post, we will be looking extensively at the whatsapp status feature. While we’ve talked on how to use the feature on iPhone, we’d like to give an insight on how to use the feature on Android.
So, how about we start from the basis? You probably already know these things but, it’d still be nice we talk about them, right?
Table Of Contents
What Is WhatsApp?
We already have a detailed guide on what is whatsapp including how to download whatsapp. If you didn’t read that, whatsapp messenger is a completely free mobile messaging application for Android and other mobile OS. The app allows you connect with your friends and family using data thereby reducing cost of GSM operator bills.
Whatsapp requires having a mobile number as well as being connected to the internet via 4G/3G/2G/Edge or Wi-Fi. Without this, you won’t be able to communicate using the application.
For WhatsApp to be used as a mode of communication between two persons, both parties needs to be registered on the service. Registration and use of the mobile messaging application is totally free.
How To Download Whatsapp Messenger App
Asides being connected to the internet, to use the mobile messaging app, you need to be on the service. And to be on the service, you need to download whatsapp messaging app. On the mobile messaging app, you can utilize the whatsapp status feature.
Now, to save or download whatsapp status, you need to download the messaging app on your device. We already talked on how to download whatsapp messenger on Android here. However, we will just give quick links here.
- To download WhatsApp For Android: Click Here
- To download WhatsApp for iPhone: Click Here
- Download WhatsApp For Mac HERE
- Download WhatsApp For Nokia S40 HERE
- Click Here To Download WhatsApp For Windows PC
Whatsapp messenger app is available for Android on the PlayStore and for iPhone on the app store. While the apps can be downloaded and used on windows and Mac PCs, they are basically a mirror client. They work in same pattern as the whatsapp web. Using the app on your computer requires the phone being connected to the internet.
If you want to bypass this and actually register whatsapp on your computer as a standalone app, you will need emulators like Bluestacks.
Can you Use WhatsApp On Tablets?
Currently, no. WhatsApp doesn’t support the use of tablets. It’s a mobile messaging application and for the most part, only supports the use of mobile phones as well as computers. Tablets and iPad are currently not supported. Hence, you can’t download whatsapp status using these devices.
Speaking of whatsapp status, let’s dive into that.
What is WhatsApp Status
Before we go ahead to learn how to download whatsapp status and talk on the best WhatsApp status downloaders for Android, let’s understand the concept of the feature.
WhatsApp Status is a feature released on whatsapp that allows users share updates that they please. This feature allows you share videos, pictures as well as texts. It kinda gives an idea of what you are up to, or sometimes, what you believe in. These texts can be self composed or copied and pasted. These updates have a validity period of 24 hours after which they will automatically disappear.
The text feature on whatsapp only allows a maximum of 700 characters. That of course, is if you do not include any paragraphs. Use of paragraphs tend to reduce the space for the number of characters allowed. Hence, if you have quite a lot you’d like to say via WhatsApp status, stick to using punctuations instead of paragraphs.
In other to view a contact’s status update and for the contact to view yours, both parties need to have their numbers stored in their phones. For example, for Mr A to see Mrs A’s status update, Mr A and Mrs A need to have their numbers saved on their phones. Meaning, Mr A needs to save Mrs A’s number and Mrs A needs to have Mr A’s number saved on her phone.
How To View WhatsApp Status Updates
Being able to view WhatsApp Status Updates is pretty easy and straight to the point. Here’s how:
- Launch the whatsapp app on your phone
- Tap on the status tab. Here, you will see all the status displayed.
- Tap on the contact’s status you want to view
- Tap on the far right of your phone screen to quickly move to the next status update or tap on the far left of your phone screen to quickly move to the previous status update. Swipe left or right to move to the next or previous contacts status update.
Upon viewing the status update, you can also tap on the reply option to send a quick reply relating to the contact’s whatsapp status update.
How To Add Your Own WhatsApp Status
Asides viewing other people’s status updates, you can equally add or create yours. Being able to add your own status update for others to view is easy and straight to the point.
However, before you update your status update, you need to ask yourself what you want to share as your status update. A text, a picture, a Video, A GIF? We’ve compiled some of the best WhatsApp status quotes you can use on WhatsApp. Perhaps, you can check that out.
Having figured that out, follow these steps to create your own status update:
- Launch the whatsapp application on your phone
- Tap on the Status tab
- If you want to upload a picture or video, select the camera icon option.
- Choose the GIF, picture or video you want to upload as your status update
- Add a caption and other adjustments if you want.
- When done, tap on the send icon to upload your status update.
- If you want to use text instead, tap on the pen icon. This will present a screen to input your text.
- Write or paste the text you want to use. When done, tap on the send icon.
That’s it. You’ve successfully shared a status update on WhatsApp and your contacts can view them.
That’s how to share photo status update, video status update and plain text whatsapp status with ease.
How Long Can A WhatsApp Status Update Be?
Whatsapp text format for status updates allows a maximum of 700 characters. That means, there is a 700 character limit. Use of paragraphs shortens this numbers. For videos, there is a 30 second limit and the maximum size of a video you can share on whatsapp is 16MB. If trying to upload a one minute video, you can cut the video to 30 seconds each. If the video size is higher than 16MB, you can compress it using some video compressor apps. Alternatively, you can use some modded whatsapp apps like GBWhatsApp to bypass these limits.
How Long Does It last?
Whatsapp status will last 24 from the time the status was uploaded. After which, the status will automatically disappear.
However, if you delete it earlier, your contacts won’t be able to see it except they are using a modded version of the app like GBWhatsApp. If you save or download whatsapp status, it stays on your device for as long as you want it.
Who Can See Your WhatsApp Status?
By default, everyone that you saved their number and they saved yours, can view your status update. To better understand this, let’s put it this way. If you can see their whatsapp status updates, they can equally see yours.
However, using the privacy option, you can further control who can see your status and who can’t. To change your whatsapp status privacy, follow these steps:
- Launch the whatsapp app
- Tap on the status tab
- At the top region, select Privacy.
- Choose who can see your status update or who your status should only be visible to.
Please note that changing the privacy Settings becomes effective only before updating a status.
If you’ve updated your status and thereafter, went to update the privacy settings, it won’t be effective on that status you already uploaded. It will be effective only on the next whatsapp status.
Having understood the concept of WhatsApp status, let’s discuss how to save whatsapp status. Having talked extensively on whatsapp status and how it works, let’s talk on how to download whatsapp status.
How To Download WhatsApp Status
Saving or downloading whatsapp status can be necessary and handy. For example, you stumble on this really cool video or picture you like, the easiest way to have it saved on your phone, is to download it. There’s the option of reaching out to the contact and asking them to send it to you but, that’s a long route, yeah?
Knowing that status updates on whatsapp disappears after 24 hours, it makes sense to save the ones you like before the time elapses. The moment the time elapses or it’s deleted by the uploader, you cannot get it back. To help you save that picture or video, we will be guiding you on the latest working method to download WhatsApp Status without facing errors.
Download WhatsApp Status Update On Android
While there are quite a number of WhatsApp status downloader for Android, there is a way you can download whatsapp status without the need for a third-party app.
If you are not very technical and wouldn’t mind an extra app on your phone, using status downloader apps is perhaps, the best route. If however, you like being technical, there is a guide on how to save whatsapp status without the need for an external app.
Let’s break this into parts.
We will discuss how to download whatsapp status on Android manually without the need for a third-party app, and we will outline some of the best WhatsApp status downloaders for Android.
How To Download WhatsApp Status Images Without Third-Party Apps
The quickest way to get images on whatsapp status, is to take a screenshot of that picture and crop the parts you don’t want out. If for some reason, you are not comfortable with this method, here is how to download whatsapp status images on Android:
- Launch Whatsapp application
- Tap on the status tab and view the image status you want to download
- Now, return back to your phone’s home screen.
- Open the default file manager on your phone
- Navigate to internal storage
- Look for WhatsApp folder and open the folder
- Open the WhatsApp media file
- Tap on options and select “show hidden files“
- At this point, .status file will be displayed.
- Tap on the .status file and look for the image you want to download
- Long press on the image and choose the copy option
- Select the folder you want to save the picture in and select Paste.
- We recommend saving the picture in your DCIM or picture folder
- Go to gallery and you should find the saved image there.
There you have it. That’s how to save whatsapp status images on Android without using third-party app.
As indicated in the guide above, it’s necessary you view the image first before choosing to download. Otherwise, the image will not be in the status folder under file manager.
How To Download WhatsApp Status Videos
To download WhatsApp Status videos, you can follow the exact steps used in downloading the image status. Unlike images, you cannot screenshot videos to save it on your phone. The only option with this, is screen recording. However, that will have the uploader’s name shown. If that’s going to be an issue, it’s better to follow these guidelines to save whatsapp status videos without third-party apps.
- Launch the whatsapp app again
- Tap on the status tab
- View the status video you’d like to download or save
- Return back to your phone’s home screen and open the default file manager app
- Under the file manager app, select Internal storage
- Next, look for WhatsApp folder and open the folder
- Open the whatsapp media file
- Tap on options and select “show hidden file”
- Therein, you will find .status folder. Tap on it to open it
- Look for the video you want to download
- Long press on the video and choose the copy option
- Select the location you want to save the video and choose the paste option.
- Go to your video player app and you should find the downloaded video there.
That’s it. That’s how to save whatsapp status videos on Android without using third-party apps.
Download WhatsApp Status On Android Using GBWhatsApp
Oh yes. GBWhatsApp is a modded version of whatsapp that brings quite a handful of features to the table. One of these features is the ability to easily download whatsapp status videos and animations with ease. In my opinion, it’s the easiest route. Using GBWhatsapp, you do not need an external app. The app does the job effortlessly alongside other cool features like Anti-revoke.
Speaking of third-party apps, let’s mention some of those.
Best WhatsApp Status Downloader For Android
If you are not so technical or can’t seem to undergo that process, there are easier routes. However, you’d have to pay the price of having to download another app on your phone which will take up storage.
Whatsapp status downloader allows you download videos, pictures and animations shared via WhatsApp status. If this is something you are comfortable with and space on your phone isn’t an issue, here are some of the best status downloader for Android:
- Status Saver
- Status downloader for WhatsApp
- Video Download for WhatsApp
- Status Downloader for WhatsApp & Status Saver – Wa
- Status Downloader and Status Saver
Those are some of the best WhatsApp status downloader for Android.
How To Download WhatsApp Status Updates On iPhone
By default, there is no way to download whatsapp status updates on iPhone. The quick workaround with this, is taking a screenshot of image and thereafter, cropping it thus removing the uploader’s name and reply option. For videos, the work around would be using the screen record feature available on iOS 12 and thereafter, using a third-party video editor in cropping the video, if necessary.
Those are complex, right?
Well, there are ways you can actually download whatsapp status on iPhone. Actually, three ways. Maybe more that I haven’t yet discovered. We will be talking about these three method here.
Method 1. Download WhatsApp Status On iPhone Using WhatsApp++
Just as we have GBWhatsApp for Android, there is WhatsApp++ for iPhone. Whatsapp++ is a modded version of WhatsApp for iPhone that brings quite a number of features to the table including being able to download whatsapp status to iPhone.
To save image and video whatsapp status on iPhone, follow these steps:
- Uninstall the default whatsapp on your iPhone
- Go to BuildStore app and register your iPhone
- After registration, launch safari browser and Install WhatsApp++
- Launch the installed app and choose to register
- View the whatsapp status you want to download and at the top right corner, select the download option
- Choose a location and save.
That’s it. You’ve successfully downloaded that status from whatsapp on your iPhone. This works for both pictures, videos and animations. Also note that Whatsapp++ and whatsapp plus are both same. You shouldn’t get confused.
Method 2. MobileGo WhatsApp Status Downloader For iPhone
Another option to save whatsapp status on your iPhone is using whatsapp status downloader apps like Wondershare MobileGo. Wondershare MobileGo is a PC shot for mobile phones and tablets. It can also be seen as a tool for downloading status from whatsapp to iPhone. The downside with this however, is that it requires a Mac for this to properly work.
- Install Wondershare MobileGo app on your MacOS
- Enable USB Debugging
- Next, connect the iPhone to your Mac PC
- Launch Wondershare MobileGo app
- Locate the files at the bottom left corner of the screen. Next, click on it.
- Find and click on your iPhone’s internal storage
- Locate and click on WhatsApp folder
- Click on Media Folder
- Find the .statuses folder and click on it
- Search for the status you’d like to download. This can be photos, videos or animated pictures
- Save, upload, share, edit or send to any location of your choice via that window.
That’s it. That’s how to save WhatsApp Status on your iPhone using WhataApp status downloader app like MobileGo on iPhone.
There are other cross-platform mobile PC suits like Moborobo you can give a shot. Please know that just as it works on Android, you will need to view the status before being able to download them. For the sake of ease, you can use the WhatsApp desktop app as the software allows you view the status from your contacts.
Method 3. Download WhatsApp Status Using WhatsApp Pocket
The last but not the least method to download WhatsApp status on iPhone, is using data recovery software like WhatsApp pocket. Although whatsapp pocket is a data recovery software, it does more. Asides recovering data, the software can save or download whatsapp status videos and photos on iPhone. The software can be used on both windows and Mac.
To download WhatsApp status on iPhone using Whatsapp pocket, follow these guide:
- Download and Install WhatsApp pocket app HERE
- Connect your iPhone to your computer
- Launch the WhatsApp pocket app
- Select the connected device and start the scan
- WhatsApp chats, Images, Videos will be displayed on the screen
- Search for the particular whatsapp status you want to download
- Tap on the status to preview before download
- To download, tap on “Export Attachment” button
- Select The storage location for the file
That’s it. That’s how to save whatsapp status on iPhone using WhatsApp pocket.
Having discussed all that concerns whatsapp status including how to download whatsapp status on Android and iPhone, let’s talk a little more on the subject.
How To Delete WhatsApp Status
While it’s easy to create a status update on WhatsApp, it’s easier to delete. While WhatsApp status is timed to auto destruct in 24 hours, you can delete it. If you shared a status and you want to take it down, deleting your status is easy and simple.
To manually delete your whatsapp status update, follow these steps:
- Launch WhatsApp
- Tap on the Status tab
- Tap on the status you want to delete
- Swipe up and tap on the trash icon
- A prompt asking you confirm delete will be displayed. Tap on Delete.
Easy, right? Do note that manually deleting your status update makes it unavailable to other users. Except for those who use modded version of the messaging app like GBWhatsApp.
How To Mute A Contact’s Status Update
While you can block a contact on whatsapp thus making their status updates not to appear anymore in your status feed, that may seem extreme. Especially if you don’t want them to know you blocked them. Choosing the block option, they most likely will notice that you blocked them.
If you do not want to see a contact’s status anymore, you can either mute them, or delete their number. If you delete their number, they won’t be able to see your status update either.
WhatsApp status mute feature is a ignore a contact’s status updates. This sends their status to the end of the status feed tab. Among where it becomes insignificant whether or not, they post new update.
A mute or unmute status update on WhatsApp, follow these steps:
- Again, launch the whatsapp app
- Tap on the status feed
- View the contact’s status you want to mute
- Tap on the options (…) button at the top right and select mute.
- To unmute, scroll down to towards the end of the status tab till you find “Muted Status”.
- Tap on the contact’s status you’d like to unmute
- At the top right of the page, tap on the options (…) button and select unmute.
- If using iPhone, simply swipe the contact’s name and select mute. To unmute, swipe the contact’s name and select unmute.
How To Forward Your WhatsApp Status
I don’t know why you would want to forward your whatsapp status. Perhaps to make it compulsory for that contact to see?
Well, to forward your whatsapp status update, follow the procedures below:
- On the status update screen, tap the three dots next to my status
- On the status update you wish to forward, tap forward.
- Choose the contact(s) you’d like to forward the status to and thereafter, tap on send option.
Being able to forward multiple status updates is also doable. All you need to do is press and hold on a particular status update of yours. Thereafter, select the rest status you’d like to forward. On the next screen, select the recipient(s) and hit the send button.
Easy, right? That’s how to forward whatsapp status.
That’s all we can take in regards whatsapp status and how to download WhatsApp Status on Android and iPhone. We also shared some of the best WhatsApp status downloader apps. If you think we missed something out, let us know using the comment session.