The Xiaomi Poco M2 Reloaded as its name indicates, is reminiscent of the standard Poco M2. It’s the same smartphone with lesser variants and a cheaper price tag. All other features are basically the same. To further buttress this point, we explore the Poco M2 Reloaded specs and price, which will also help you make your purchase decision.
- 6.53-inch, IPS LCD Capacitive Touchscreen, 1080 x 2340 Pixels (395 PPI)
- Android 10, MIUI 12
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon G80 (12nm)
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB Built-in storage, MicroSD Support
- 13MP + 8MP + 5MP + 2MP Quad Rear Camera
- 8MP Front Camera
- 4G LTE
- Fingerprint Sensor (Rear-Mounted)
- 18W Fast Charging
- 5000mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
The Introduction delivered in the first paragraph shows us we have a lot to expect under the umbrella of reminiscence. This phenomenon begins with the chassis design.
Onboard the aesthetics of the Xiaomi Poco M2 reloaded’s design, is the same design as seen on the standard Poco M2, both smartphones are basically identical. however, enthusiasts who pay attention to colour variants may be able to differentiate both smartphones, by scrutinizing the colour options.
Where the latter smartphone comes in Brick Red, Pitch Black, Slate Blue, we have just two colour variants here which include Pitch Black (Greyish Black), Slate Blue (Mostly Blue).
The chassis build on this device comprises Gorilla glass 3 upfront, plastic on the frame, and plastic on the frame, which is sort of the par for the course for mobile phones in the price category.
Looking at the placements, we have a centralized module in the middle bearing three cameras, while there is a capacitive fingerprint sensor beneath. However, there is another camera and an LED flash on the side. Far below, is the Poco branding, indicating the OEM.
Moving up front, we have a 6.53-inch IPS LCD display with a drop notch bearing the front camera. The highlights of this display include a 1080 x 2340 resolution and a density of 395 PPI.
The cameras on the Xiaomi Poco M2 reloaded also fall in the reminisce circumference. Onboard, we have three cameras on the rear and a single camera up front, with the same set of cameras seen on the Poco M2.
Upfront, we have a single 8MP camera, which has an aperture of f/2.0. This camera can record videos up to 1080 x 30fps.
On the rear, we have a 13MP primary camera with an aperture of f/2.2, a 5MP macro camera with an aperture of f/2.4, a 2MP depth camera with an aperture of f/2.4, and lastly, we have an 8MP ultrawide camera with an aperture of f/2.2 and a 118-degree field of view.
The video record on the rear camera setup is capped at 1080 @ 30fps, just like the front camera setup.
Hardware and Software
Moving on to the performance hardware, we have got the same performance facilitators, with a different RAM and storage option combo.
Onboard, we have an Octa-core MediaTek Helio G80 processor, the Mali-G52 MC2, a non-removable 5000mAh Li-Po battery and an 18W fast charge mechanism.
However, the RAM and storage variants are different. On the Poco M2 reloaded, we have just 4GB RAM / 64GB of storage, while on the standard M2 we have 6GB / 128GB and 6GB / 64GB.
Moving on to the software side, we have the MIUI 12 user interface running on the Android 11 operating system.
The Xiaomi Poco M2 Reloaded features a 3.5mm headphone jack, USB Type-C port, dual-band Wifi Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity.
Internet connectivity on the Xiaomi Poco M2 Reloaded is capped at 4G LTE, this means you won’t have the luxury of 5G internet speed. Download and uploads are limited to 4G speed.
Xiaomi Poco M2 Reloaded Price and Availability
The Xiaomi Poco M2 Reloaded price is around $121, which translates to around 46,162 Naira in Nigeria, 13,092 KSH in Kenya, and 698 GHC in Ghana.
The Announcement and release date of this device was on April 21, 2021.
Xiaomi Poco M2 Reloaded Specs
Here are a few specs of the Xiaomi Poco M2 Reloaded:
- Platform: Android 10, MIUI 12
- Processor: Mediatek Helio G80 (12 nm) (Octa-core 2×2.0 GHz Cortex-A75 & 6×1.8 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G52 MC2
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Colours: Pitch Black (Greyish Black), Slate Blue (Mostly Blue)
- Dimension: 163.3 x 77 x 9.1 mm
- Weight: 198 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual SIM
- Display: 6.53-inches IPS LCD, 1080 x 2340 Pixels, ~395 PPI, ~83.2% screen-to-body ratio
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 13 MP (Primary) f/2.2 + 8 MP (Ultrawide) f/2.2 + 5MP (Macro) f/2.4 + 2MP (Depth) f/2.4
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, HDR, Panorama, 1080p@30fps
- Front Camera: 8 MP Camera, f/2.0, HDR, 1080p@30fps
- Built-in Storage: 64GB
- Memory Card Support: –
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: 1, 3, 5, 8, 40, 41
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: –
- HSPA+: –
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: –
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: –
- Fingerprint Scanner: –
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: Yes
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: non-Removable 5000mAh Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 18W Capacity