The Xiaomi Poco X3 GT is a more capable sequel to the Poco X3 NFC. It’s basically the smartphone to purchase if you desire a higher performance. The Poco X3 GT provides a more capable processor, more RAM, and more later in the article.
Xiaomi Poco X3 GT Specs & Features
- 6.6-inch, IPS LCD Capacitive Touchscreen, 1080 x 2400 Pixels, 120Hz Refresh Rate, 395 PPI
- Android 11, MIUI 12.5 for POCO
- MediaTek MT6891Z Dimensity 1100 5G (6 nm)
- 8GB RAM
- 128GB / 256GB Built-in storage, With MicroSD Support
- 64MP + 8MP + 2MP Triple Rear Cameras
- 16MP Front Camera
- 5G Network
- Fingerprint Sensor (Side-Mounted)
- Fast Charging (67W)
- Non-Removable 5000mAh Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
Having just the frontal view of the Xiaomi Poco X3 GT might persuade you to think it’s basically the same design as what is seen on the Poco X3. As both devices bear the same look. Noticing the 0.07 inches difference with just the eye is nearly impossible.
The Poco X3 GT bears a 6.6-inch IPS LCD, as opposed to the 6.67 on its sibling. Considering the fact that this difference is not really visible to the eye, we are left with the same hole punch on a slate, which gives both smartphones a resemblance.
Both devices share have a resolution of 1080 x 2400, a density of 395 PPI, and a 120Hz refresh rate.
However, flipping this device to the rear reveals a substantial difference. Here we have a square camera module on the left side, as opposed to the rectangular module on the standard Poco X3.
There is also the absence of the very conspicuous Poco branding. All we have here is just the Redmi, which will help enthusiasts decipher its Xiaomi smartphone.
Enthusiasts in the market for this Android smartphone will have three colour options and they include Stargaze Black, Wave Blue and Cloud White.
Basing your judgement on the number of the cameras and the pixels sizes may have you thinking the standard X3, is a better performer in the space, but that may not actually be the case, considering the fact that software plays a very substantial role in smartphone camera performance these days.
On the rear, we have a triple camera system that lays waste to the depth camera as seen on its sibling. This leaves us with a 64MP primary camera with an aperture of f/1.8, a 2MP macro camera with an aperture of f/2.4 and an 8MP ultrawide camera with an aperture of f/2.2 and a 120˚ field of view.
On the selfies side, we have a single 16MP camera with an aperture of f/2.5 as opposed to a 20MP sensor.
Hardware and Software
The performance train on the Xiaomi Poco X3 GT is headed by a MediaTek 1100 5G processor with a 6nm process, which is a more capable processor compared to the Snapdragon 732G processor on the regular Poco X3.
We also have 8GB RAM in lieu of 6GB, 128GB / 256GB storage, a non-removable 5000mAh battery and 67W fast charge.
On the software side, we have the MIUI 12.5 Poco user interface running on the Android 11 operating system.
The Poco X3 NFC features a USB Type C (USB 2.0). We also have NFC, Wi-Fi, and low-energy Bluetooth 5.2.
Internet connectivity on the Poco X3 GT is capped at 5G which is thanks to its 5G support.
Poco X3 GT Price and Availability
The Poco X3 GT price starts at $309 which translates to about 127,432 Naira in Nigeria, 33,573 KSH in Kenya, 1,859 GHC in Ghana.
The release date was on the 28th of July and is expected to go on sale in August.
Xiaomi Poco X3 GT Specs
Here are a few specs of the Xiaomi Poco X3 GT:
- Platform: Android 11, MIUI 12.5 for POCO
- Processor: MediaTek MT6891Z Dimensity 1100 5G (6 nm) (4×2.6 GHz Cortex-A78 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G77 MC9
- Memory: 8GB RAM
- Colours: Stargaze Black, Wave Blue, Cloud White
- Dimension: 163.3 x 75.9 x 8.9 mm
- Weight: 193 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.67-inches IPS LCD Display, 1080 x 2400 Pixels, ~84.9% screen-to-body ratio, 20:9 Aspect Ratio, ~399 PPI
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass Victus
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 64MP (Primary) f/1.8, PDAF + 8MP (Ultrawide)f/2.2, 120˚ FOV + 2MP (Macro) f/2.4
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, HDR, Panorama, [email protected], [email protected]/60/120fps
- Front Camera: 16MP Camera, f/2.5, [email protected], [email protected], 960fps
- Built-in Storage: 128GB (UFS 3.1) / 256GB (UFS 3.1)
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 18, 19, 26, 28, 38, 40, 41, 42
- 5G: 1, 3, 28, 41, 77, 78 SA/NSA
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: –
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, Wi-FI 6
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Version 5.2, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes (market/region dependent)
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Type-C 2.0
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: –
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: No
- Navigation: A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS, QZSS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Side-Mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: –
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-Removable 5000mAh Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 67W Fast Charging Capacity