We have been hearing a lot about a new smartphone from realme for a long time. The main selling point of this handset has been going to be the travel suitcase design created by a well-known Japanese designer Naoto Fukasawa. We are talking about the realme GT Master Edition and realme GT Master Explorer Edition which were was unveiled today, as scheduled.
And it turns out that all the assumptions, leaks we got and official news were true. Well let checkout what the Explorer edition has to offer.
The realme GT Master Explorer Edition features a much powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 SoC. It also flaunts a 6.55-inch Samsung Super AMOLED display (curved) with a resolution of 2400 x 1080 pixels (FHD+), 120Hz refresh rate, 480Hz touch sampling rate, 6,000,000:1 contrast ration, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut, 92.1% screen-to-body ratio, punch-hole, and 1,100 nits peak brightness, and Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
The phone arrives with a 50MP Sony IMX766 primary sensor with OIS, 16MP ultra-wide camera, 2MP macro camera, and a 32MP selfie camera.
On the connectivity front, the handset support dual-SIM, 5G, WiFi 6, Bluetooth 5.2, GNSS, NFC, and USB Type-C port. Unfortunately, it lack a MicroSD card slot as well as a 3.5mm headphone jack.
The realme GT Master Explorer Edition also include all the essential sensors like an accelerometer, in-display fingerprint sensor, compass, ambient light sensor, gyroscope, and proximity sensor. Furthermore, it sports a dual-speaker system with support for Dolby Audio as well Hi-Res Audio certification.
The device run realme UI 2.0 based on Android 11. It houses a 4,500mAh battery that supports 65W SuperDart fast charging.
realme GT Master Explorer Edition Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 18, 19, 26, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G bands: 1, 3, 5, 8, 28, 41, 77, 78 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2021, July 21
- Status: Exp. release 2021, July 27
- Dimensions: 159.9 mm x 72.5 mm x 8.0/8.8 mm (depending on color)
- Weight: 183.5/185 g (depending on color) (6.49 oz)
- Colors: Gray, White, Aurora, Apricot
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: Super AMOLED, 120Hz, HDR10+, 1100 nits (peak)
- Size: 6.55 inches, 103.6 cm2 (~89.3% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~402 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Android 11, Realme UI 2.0
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8250-AC Snapdragon 870 5G (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×3.2 GHz Kryo 585 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 585)
- GPU: Adreno 650
- Storage: 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: No
- Main Camera: Triple
- 50 MP, f/1.9, 24mm (wide), 1/1.56″, 1.0µm, omnidirectional PDAF, OIS
- 16 MP, f/2.2, 14mm, 123˚ (ultrawide), 1/3.09″, 1.0µm
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- Features: Dual-LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/60fps, gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 32 MP, f/2.5, 26mm (wide), 1/2.74″, 0.8µm
- Features: HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected]
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- 24-bit/192kHz audio
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.2, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 4500 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 65W, 50% in 13 min, 100% in 33 min (advertised)
realme GT Master Explorer Edition Price and Availability
The realme GT Master Explorer Edition comes in an additional Suitcase Apricot version and will go for the following price tags in China.
- 8GB + 128GB – ¥2,899 ($448)
- 12GB + 256GB – ¥3,199 ($494)
The phone will be available for purchase at 4 PM (local time) for those who registered for the Early birds sale. Pre-orders will be opened post that, followed by the first open sale on July 27.
The realme GT Master Explorer Edition customers will be eligible for a flat ¥100 ($15) discount for a limited time. No official word yet on the phone’s availability outside mainland China.