Table of Contents
The new Google Pixel 8 Pro has recently been unveiled alongside the Pixel 8 in October 2023. It is the newest addition to the Pixel series after the Pixel 7. The Google Pixel 8 have a number of new features, including, Google’s new Tensor G3 chip, an improved camera system with a new telephoto lens, and a longer battery life. The Pixel 8 Pro is one of the first smartphones to ship with Android 14 and a variety of Google-exclusive features like Magic Eraser and Real Tone.
Continue after the short break
ad: GET $10,000+ Free Elon Musk Money on X (Twitter) Click Here
ad: Monetize your Facebook Account for Monthly $500 Click Here
ad: How to Earn Free $100 on Binance & Withdraw Click Here
- Jumia Black Friday Sales 90% OFF
- Download All Latest Movies & TV Series
- Download PPSSPP Games
- Download All Premium Apps for Android
- Latest Phones Specs & Prices
- Latest PC Specs & Prices
- Check Latest Tech News & Telcom gist
- How to tech and guides DIY
Google Pixel 8 Pro Price and Availability
Google Pixel 8 Pro price starts at $ 999.00 / € 1,099.00 / £ 759.00 at leading online stores like Amazon.com. The Pixel 8 Pro price in Nigeria starts at around ₦890,999.
Google Pixel 8 Pro Key Specs and Features
- 6.7 inches LTPO OLED Display, 1344 x 2992 pixels (~489 ppi density), ~87.4% screen-to-body ratio
- Android 14
- Google Tensor G3 (4 nm) Nona Core Processor (1×3.0 GHz Cortex-X3 & 4×2.45 GHz Cortex-A715 & 4×2.15 GHz Cortex-A510)
- 12GB RAM
- 50 MP (wide) + 48 MP (telephoto) + 48 MP (ultrawide) Triple Rear Camera
- 10.5 MP Camera
- Fingerprint Sensor (under display, optical)
- 128GB, 256GB, 512GB, 1TB Built-in Storage
- 4G LTE Support
- 5G Support
- 30W Fast Charging Capacity
- 5050 mAh Non-removable Li-ion Battery
Without a doubt, the Google Pixel 8 Pro is the best-designed Pixel featuring a matte glass back, while slightly slippery, offers a premium feel. It has a flat screen design, just like the Samsung S series lineup which offers a bit more grip and real estate along the edges, improving the overall feel of the phone.
In terms of dimensions, the Pixel 8 Pro measures 6.4 by 3 by 0.3 inches and weighs 7.5 ounces. It falls somewhere between the Galaxy S23 Ultra and the iPhone 15 Pro Max in size. However, what’s truly impressive is how the new rounded design, a departure from the boxier feel of the S23 Ultra, makes the Pixel 8 Pro feel even more compact than it actually is.
Meanwhile, thanks to the flat 6.7-inch display, Google has addressed a common gripe with curved edge screens which accidental touches on the sides of the screen. The 6.7-inch display also refers to as “Super Actua” by Google has a standard 1600 nits and 2400 nits at peak brightness. Additionally, the display incorporates a dynamic refresh rate, ranging from 1Hz for static content to a rapid 120Hz for dynamic content. It also comes with a resolution of 2992 x 1334 compared to the previous model’s 3120 x 1440 resolution and offers support for HDR10+.
On the rear, Google continues with its signature design language introduced with the Pixel 6. The Google’s iconic camera bar. This visor-style camera bar, made of brushed aluminum, houses three cameras, a flash, and an interesting addition to the Pixel lineup: a temperature sensor. This sensor can take temperature readings of objects within a couple of inches of the back of your phone, which is a unique and intriguing addition.
The Google Pixel 8 Pro is available in three color options, including a new baby blue Bay variant, Obsidian and Porcelain.
The Google Pixel 8 Pro sports a triple rear camera with a 50-megapixel wide camera, a 12-megapixel ultrawide camera and a 48-megapixel telephoto camera with 5x optical zoom and up to 30x digital zoom.
The 50MP wide-angle camera is a low-light champion with its f/1.7 aperture, ensuring remarkable performance in challenging lighting conditions. It has 25mm focal length, 1/1.31″ sensor size and 1.2µm pixel size thus delivers vivid, sharp images. Meanwhile, the camera’s swift and precise focusing is made possible by the multi-directional Phase Detection Autofocus (PDAF) and multi-zone Laser Autofocus (Laser AF). Even in challenging conditions, Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) keeps your shots steady, ensuring every moment is captured with perfection.
The two supporting sensor includes a 48MP ultrawide lens with an f/2.2 aperture, multi-directional PDAF, multi-zone Laser AF, OIS and OIS meanwhile, the other 48MP telephoto supporting camera. This lens comes with f/2.8 aperture, 1/2.55″ camera sensor, 0.7µm individual pixel, dual pixel PDAF, and 5x optical zoom which allows you to get closer to your subjects without sacrificing image quality.
Additionally, the Google Pixel 8 Pro features a Dual-LED flash, Pixel Shift, Ultra-HDR, Best Take and panorama mode for capturing wide-angle panoramic images. The camera also supports recording videos in 4K resolution at 30fps, as well as 1080p at 30/60fps, with gyro-EIS (Electronic Image Stabilization) for smoother footage.
For the front-facing camera, there is a single 10.5 MP ultrawide selfie camera with an aperture of f/2.2, 20mm focal length, 1/3.1″ sensor size, 1.22µm pixel size, and PDAF. It also support video recording for the selfie camera up 4K at 24/30/60fps and 1080p at 30/60fps.
Hardware and Software
Under the hood, the Pixel 8 Pro is powered b the third-generation custom chipset Tensor G3 from Google, which is based on Samsung’s 4nm manufacturing process. It features a nona-core design with 1x 3.0GHz Cortex-X3, 4x 2.45GHz Cortex-A715, and 4x 2.15GHz Cortex-A510. The GPU is an Immortalis-G715 MP10.
Furthermore, this 5G device has a variants of storage which include 12GB of RAM with an option of either 128GB, 256GB, 512GB variant and 1TB of internal storage. However, the phone does not include a dedicated card slot for expandable storage.
Additionally, the Pixel 8 Pro runs on Android 14, the latest iteration of Google’s mobile operating system, right out of the box. This OS has a number of AI-driven features, including the innovative Audio Magic Eraser, Magic Editor, the Best Take function, Video Boost, and Assistant with Bard. More than this exciting additions, Android 14 brings substantial performance enhancements, resulting in smoother animations and quicker app loading times.
The Google Pixel 8 Pro is also equipped with a massive 5050mAh battery, which is powerful enough to back the device. It comes with 30W wired charger inside the box for easy and convenient recharging.
For connectivity, the Pixel 8 Pro supports Wi-Fi 7, tri-band WiFi, Bluetooth 5.3, NFC, USB-C, and 5G connectivity, which provides faster download and upload speeds compared to 4G LTE.
Google Pixel 8 Pro Specs
Here are a few specs of the Google Pixel 8 Pro:
- Platform: Android 14
- Processor: Google Tensor G3 (4 nm) Nona Core Processor (3.0 GHz Cortex-X3 and 2.45 GHz quad-core Cortex-A715 and 2.15 GHz quad-core Cortex-A510)
- GPU: Immortalis-G715s MC10
- Memory: 12GB RAM
- Colours: Obsidian, Porcelain, Bay
- Dimension: 162.6 x 76.5 x 8.8 mm
- Weight: 213 g
- SIM Type: Nano SIM, eSIM
- SIM Count: –
- Display: 6.7 inches LTPO OLED Display, 1344 x 2992 pixels (~489 ppi density), ~87.4% screen-to-body ratio, 120Hz Refresh Rate, HDR10+, 1600 nits (HBM), 2400 nits (peak) Brightness
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass Victus 2
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 50 MP (wide), f/1.7, dual pixel PDAF, multi-zone Laser AF, OIS + 48 MP (telephoto), f/2.8, dual pixel PDAF, OIS, 5x Optical Zoom + 48 MP (ultrawide), f/2.0, 126˚ FoV, dual pixel PDAF Triple Camera
- Rear Camera Features: Dual-LED Flash, Pixel Shift, Ultra-HDR, Panorama, Best Take, 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@24/30/60/120/240fps; gyro-EIS, OIS, 10-bit HDR
- Front Camera: 10.5 MP (ultrawide), f/2.2, PDAF Camera, Auto-HDR, Panorama, 4K@24/30/60fps, 1080p@30/60fps
- Built-in Storage: 128GB, 256GB, 512GB, 1TB
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes, LTE Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 14, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28, 29, 30, 38, 39, 40, 41, 46, 48, 66, 71 – G1MNW; LTE Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 14, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28, 30, 32, 38, 40, 41, 42, 46, 48, 66, 71 – GC3VE
- 5G: Yes, 5G Bands 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 12, 20, 25, 26, 28, 29, 30, 38, 40, 41, 48, 66, 70, 71, 77, 78, 257, 258, 260, 261 SA/NSA/Sub6/mmWave – G1MNW; 5G bands 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 12, 20, 25, 28, 30, 38, 40, 41, 66, 71, 75, 76, 77, 78 SA/NSA/Sub6 – GC3VE
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6e/7, Wi-Fi 6, Wi-Fi 7, tri-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes Bluetooth 5.3, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Yes USB Type-C 3.2
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: –
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- 3.5mm Jack: No
- Navigation: Yes, GPS (L1+L5), GLONASS (G1), GALILEO (E1+E5a), QZSS (L1+L5)
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: Yes
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (under display, optical)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: –
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: Yes, 23W Wireless Charging Capacity, Reverse Wireless Charging
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: Yes, IP68 (survives for up to 30 minutes in up to 1.5 meters of fresh water)
- Dust Resistant: Yes, IP68
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: 5050 mAh Non-removable Li-ion Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 30W Fast Charging Capacity, Power Delivery 3.0, recharges from zero to 50% in 30 minutes, 23W Fast Wireless Charging Capacity
- Google Tells court to Trash Nigerian’s $150 million lawsuit
- Google’s Countdown: Three Weeks Until inactive Gmail Account Deletion
- How To Block/Disable Annoying Ads On Android Device
- Google Pixel 8 Specs and Price
- Google Chrome saves users 10,000 years of waiting for web pages to load
- Google Chrome browser version 120 no longer supports Android 7.0/7.1
- Google Gboard mobile input method tests new feature: OCR tool “Text Scan”
- Google announces price increase for YouTube Premium in Argentina, Turkey and other countries
- After 7 years, Google “prioritizing indexing of UA websites on mobile platforms” has been officially completed
- Google is investigating Android 14 multi-user mode Storage Problem
Advertising statement: The external jump links (including but not limited to hyperlinks, QR codes, passwords, etc.) contained in the article are used to convey more information and save selection time. The results are for reference only. All Naijatechnews articles include this statement.