Hisense is one of the top TV brands with a wide range of models to suit different needs and tastes. Most modern Hisense TVs come with smart features, like the ability to connect to nearby laptops and computers. If those features stop working, the relevant drivers might need updating.
This article will explain how to install Hisense TV drivers on Windows 11.
Table of Contents
- How to Install the Latest Drivers
- Run an Automatic Update
- Update Drivers for Specific Devices
- Use Hisense’s Website to Find Drivers for Your TV
- Other Driver Websites and Sources
- What are Hisense TV drivers?
- What problems can occur because of drivers?
- What do new drivers do?
- Are there any risks to updating drivers?
- How do I update my Hisense TV’s firmware?
- Enjoy Seamless Smart TV Interactions with the Latest Drivers
How to Install the Latest Drivers
In order to ensure that your Hisense TV can communicate with your Windows 11 device, it’s important to have the latest key drivers installed. Here are step-by-step instructions for the different method.
Run an Automatic Update
Running an automatic update is the fastest and easiest way to download and install any key drivers you might be missing.
- Go to the “Settings” menu.
- Click on “Windows Update” from the menu on the left.
- Click on the “Check for updates” button and wait a while for Windows to download and install the latest drivers.
This process should install any missing drivers for key components of your system. It may resolve any connection issues you had been having between your Windows 11 device and Hisense TV.
Update Drivers for Specific Devices
Sometimes, there’s a chance that the automatic update might miss something. Alternatively, you might only want to install the latest drivers for one of your computer’s devices or components, like your display adapter or network adapter.
Here’s how it’s done:
- Right click on the Windows logo in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Find and click on “Device Manager” in the list of options.
- This will present you with a list of all connected devices and computer components.
- Scroll to the one you want to update and click the little arrow beside it to expand the category. For the purposes of connecting to a Hisense TV, you may wish to update your network adapters to help with casting, for example.
- Right click on the device you wish to update drivers for, and click “Properties.”
- Click onto the “Driver” tab and then click the “Update Driver” button.
Use Hisense’s Website to Find Drivers for Your TV
Big tech manufacturers like Hisense also offer software and driver downloads direct from their websites. You can enter your TV’s serial number on the Hisense site to access the latest software, which may include any relevant drivers that happen to be missing.
- Visit the Hisense download page.
- Enter your TV’s serial number. You can find this on the back panel of the TV itself.
- Press the “Search” button.
- As long as your serial number is valid, Hisense will redirect you to a software download page for your TV model. You can then download and install the files, following the instructions provided by the brand.
Note that you may not actually need to update the drivers on your Windows 11 device. Instead, you might need to update the firmware of the TV itself to help it connect with your computer and function correctly.
The update process for each Hisense TV will vary based on the model you have and which operating system it’s using. Some models have Android TV, others use Google TV or Vidda TV, and the installation process varies slightly for each one.
You can find all the relevant files and installation instructions via the Hisense website by following the numbered steps above.
Other Driver Websites and Sources
It’s also worth noting that, in addition to the Hisense site, there are other websites that offer driver downloads. You may be able to find essential drivers to help connect with your Hisense TV on those sites, but it’s important to be careful.
Some of these sites which seem to be helpfully offering driver downloads may also hide malware or unwanted add-ons with those downloads. That’s why it’s best to either use the Windows Update system or Hisense’s own site to find the software you need. If you have to use a third-party driver site, make sure to verify that it’s safe before downloading anything.
What are Hisense TV drivers?
Drivers are little pieces of software that are designed to help devices connect and communicate with an operating system. There are drivers for the various components of a computer or device, as well as other devices that want to connect with it, like smart TVs and monitors. When we talk about Hisense TV drivers, this refers to drivers specifically designed to help Hisense TVs communicate with a computer.
What problems can occur because of drivers?
If your computer doesn’t have the relevant drivers installed, connecting to your Hisense TV and using its smart features may be impossible. You might not be able to cast to the TV, for example. Or, if you plan on using it as a monitor or additional screen, the display might not function correctly. Updating and installing new drivers should help to resolve the issue.
What do new drivers do?
Usually, companies release new drivers for their devices in order to help them work better. New drivers can resolve bugs or issues that users had encountered with previous versions, and they may include new features. They could also address possible security issues or weaknesses, or help to improve performance while connecting to or using a device from your computer.
Are there any risks to updating drivers?
There can be some risks if a driver is released in a poor state without proper testing. It could have new bugs or cause issues for some users when trying to connect or use their devices. But, in most cases, manufacturers thoroughly test all new drivers to check that they’re working smoothly. As such, it’s usually best to update drivers on a regular basis to ensure you always have the latest features and functions.
How do I update my Hisense TV’s firmware?
It depends on what model of TV you have and which OS is running. Usually, you can navigate through the TV’s settings menu to find the relevant update feature and install the latest firmware automatically. In some cases, you may instead need to download firmware from the Hisense website, load it onto a USB stick, and then use that to manually update your TV.
Enjoy Seamless Smart TV Interactions with the Latest Drivers
If you’ve encountered any issues connecting with your Hisense TV, or if you want to keep up with all of its smart features, make sure to install new drivers regularly. Install new Windows 11 updates whenever they appear and check the Hisense site for any updates you might have missed.
Which Hisense TV model do you have? Have you had any issues updating or connecting to your Hisense TV? Let us know in the comments section below.
For more such interesting article like this, app/softwares, games, Gadget Reviews, comparisons, troubleshooting guides, listicles, and tips & tricks related to Windows, Android, iOS, and macOS, follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and Pinterest.
Advertising statement: The external jump links (including but not limited to hyperlinks, QR codes, passwords, etc.) contained in the article are used to convey more information and save selection time. The results are for reference only. All Naijatechnews articles include this statement.