Table of Contents
Apple has unveils its latest iPhone series consisting of the iPhone 15, iPhone 15 Pro, the iPhone 15 Plus, and iPhone 15 Pro Max. The iPhone 15 which is the regular model now has a 6.1-inch display and a 48-megapixel main camera instead of the 12MP on its predecessors. It also features USB-C instead of the Lightning connector, and available in 128GB, 256GB, and 512GB storage capacities. The iPhone 15 use the same A16 Bionic chip used by last year iPhone 14 Pro and the iPhone 14 Pro Max.
Continue after the short break
ad: GET $10,000+ Free Elon Musk Money on X (Twitter) Click Here
ad: Monetize your Facebook Account for Monthly $500 Click Here
ad: How to Earn Free $100 on Binance & Withdraw Click Here
- Jumia Black Friday Sales 90% OFF
- Download All Latest Movies & TV Series
- Download PPSSPP Games
- Download All Premium Apps for Android
- Latest Phones Specs & Prices
- Latest PC Specs & Prices
- Check Latest Tech News & Telcom gist
- How to tech and guides DIY
iPhone 15 Price and Availability
iPhone 15 price starts at $799 for 128GB; $899 for 256GB and $1099 for 512GB model. In Nigeria, iPhone 15 price starts at ₦900,000 for the 128GB storage, ₦980,000 for 256GB, and ₦1,130,000 for 512GB storage capacity.
iPhone 15 Key Specs and Features
- 6.1 inches Super Retina XDR OLED Display, 1179 x 2556 pixels (~461 ppi density), ~86.4% screen-to-body ratio
- iOS 17
- Apple A16 Bionic (4 nm) Hexa Core Processor
- 6GB RAM
- 48 MP (wide) + 12 MP (ultrawide) Dual Rear Camera
- 12 MP Front Camera
- Face ID
- 128GB, 256GB, 512GB Built-in Storage
- 4G LTE Support
- 5G Support
- 3349 mAh Non-removable Li-ion Battery
The iPhone 15 brings a fresh and exciting design perspective to Apple’s lineup, building upon the success of the iPhone 14 Pro while introducing some noteworthy enhancements of its own.
Apple has continued its tradition of creating slim and elegant smartphones with the iPhone 15, hence the lightweight. This smartphone retains the matte glass finish introduced in the previous generation, giving it a premium and sophisticated look.
Furthermore, the iPhone 15 has a back glass which is not just visually appealing; it’s also designed to be durable and resilient. Apple employs a dual-ion exchange process to strengthen the glass, making it more resistant to wear and tear. The use of nanocrystalline particles and etching for a textured matte finish sets it apart from other smartphones.
Meanwhile, the iPhone 15 introduces contoured edges that provide a comfortable grip without feeling too sharp or uncomfortable. Despite the brighter lighting at the product launch event, the iPhone 15 managed to keep fingerprint marks to a minimum, thanks to its innovative design and materials.
One feature of the iPhone 15 that can not be overlooked is the addition of the dynamic island, serving as a home for notifications and other information, is a thoughtful design element.
Above all, the iPhone 15 comes in a range of attractive colors, including black, blue, green, yellow, and pink. These colors, except for black, are light shades that add a touch of vibrancy to the device.
The iPhone 15 features a 6.1-inch Super Retina XDR OLED display that’s the same display size on the last year iPhone 14. It also come with HDR10 and Dolby Vision support, thersfore delivering stunning visuals, presenting vibrant colors and deep blacks.
The display reaches a peak brightness of 2,000 nits when used in direct sunlight, , while a sustained brightness of 1000 nits ensures a consistently great viewing experience in various lighting conditions. This is twice as bright as its predecessor, the iPhone 14, making it a significant improvement for outdoor usage.
Its high resolution of 1179 x 2556 pixels results in a pixel density of 461 ppi, offering sharp and detailed visuals. it also has a 19.5:9 aspect ratio that provides an immersive viewing experience.
Additionally, the iPhone 15’s display has thin bezels and measures 86.4% screen-to-body ratio which maximize the display area within a compact form factor. This edge-to-edge design enhances the overall aesthetics of the device.
Adding to the display’s durability is the Ceramic Shield glass, which provides enhanced drop performance and scratch resistance compared to standard glass. It’s a valuable feature for those concerned about protecting their investment.
The iPhone 15 features a dual-camera system consisting of the upgraded 48-megapixel Wide lens which features a 26mm focal length, f/1.6 aperture, sensor-shift OIS and dual pixel PDAF. There is also the 12-megapixel ultra-wide camera featuring, 13mm focal length with an f/2.4 aperture.
Additionally, the ultra-wide lens provides a 120-degree field of view, making it easier to capture wide landscapes and group shots. The wide lens is a standard lens that is ideal for most everyday photography,
On the front, there is a 12-megapixel front-facing TrueDepth camera with f/1.9 aperture, thus offering better low-light performance for selfie photos and videos. The front-facing camera also supports PDAF, so it can focus faster in low light and capture group selfies from further away. There is also SL 3D for measuring the three-dimensional shape of an object using projected light patterns and a camera system.
In addition, the camera system on the iPhone 15 also includes features such as Night mode, photonic Engine built on Deep Fusion, Smart HDR 4, and ProRes video recording, which help to improve image and video quality in low light conditions and provide more professional-level control for videographers.
Hardware and Software
The iPhone 15 feature the same A16 Bionic chipthat debuted in the iPhone 14 Pro and 14 Pro Max, using 20 percent less power and delivering improved performance and 50 percent more memory bandwidth compared to the A15 Bionic chip in the iPhone 14 and the iPhone 14 Plus.
This chipset is built on a new 4-nanometer process with 6‑core CPU with two 3.46 GHz Everest performance and four 2.02 GHz Sawtooth efficiency cores. There is also a 5‑core GPU with 16‑core Neural Engine to backup its performance.
Furthermore, this device also has 6GB of RAM, which allows for fast and smooth multitasking. The iPhone 15 is available with 128GB, 256GB, or 512GB of internal storage, allowing for ample space for photos, videos, and other content.
Meanwhile, the iPhone 15 runs on Apple’s latest iOS 17 operating system, which delivers a seamless and user-friendly experience. This advanced OS is loaded with robust features while maintaining a strong focus on safeguarding user privacy. Key functionalities include the reliable Face ID for secure device unlocking, the ever-helpful Siri for voice-based commands and assistance, and access to a vast library of both pre-installed and downloadable apps from the App Store.
Furthermore, apple.com/ios/ios-17/" target="_blank" rel="noopener">iOS 17 ensures the device’s security and performance are consistently maintained through regular updates. The iPhone 15 also has a long-lasting Li-ion non-removable battery that can last up to 20 hours of video playback. It also supports fast charging, so you can get up to 50% charge in just 30 minute.
iPhone 15 Specs
Here are a few specs of the iPhone 15:
- Platform: iOS 17
- Processor: Apple A16 Bionic (4 nm) Hexa Core Processor (3.46 GHz dual-core Everest and 2.02 GHz quad-core Sawtooth)
- GPU: Apple GPU (5-core graphics)
- Memory: 6GB RAM
- Colours: Black, Blue, Green, Yellow, Pink
- Dimension: 147.6 x 71.6 x 7.8 mm
- Weight: 171 g
- SIM Type: Nano SIM, eSIM (may vary depending on country)
- SIM Count: Dual SIM
- Display: 6.1 inches Super Retina XDR OLED Display, 1179 x 2556 pixels (~461 ppi density), ~86.4% screen-to-body ratio, HDR10, Dolby Vision, 1000 nits (HBM), 2000 nits (peak) Brightness, 2,000,000:1 Contrast Ratio
- Screen Protection: Ceramic Shield Glass
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 48 MP (wide), f/1.6, dual pixel PDAF, sensor-shift OIS + 12 MP (ultrawide), f/2.4, 120˚ FoV Dual Camera
- Rear Camera Features: Dual-LED dual-tone Flash, HDR (photo/panorama), 4K@24/25/30/60fps, 1080p@25/30/60/120/240fps, HDR, Dolby Vision HDR (up to 60fps), Cinematic mode (4K@30fps), stereo sound rec.
- Front Camera: 12 MP (wide) f/1.9, PDAF Camera, SL 3D, (depth/biometrics sensor), HDR, Cinematic mode (4K@30fps), 4K@24/25/30/60fps, 1080p@25/30/60/120fps, gyro-EIS
- Built-in Storage: 128GB, 256GB, 512GB
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM)
- 2G CDMA 1X: CDMA 800 / 1900
- 3G WCDMA: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G LTE: LTE Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28, 30, 32, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 46, 48, 53, 66 – A3090 (the international model); LTE Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 14, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28, 29, 30, 32, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 46, 48, 53, 66, 71 – A2846 (USA model); LTE Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 11, 12, 13, 14, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 25, 26, 28, 29, 30, 32, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 46, 48, 53, 66, 71 – A3089 (model in Canada and Japan); LTE Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28, 30, 32, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 46, 48, 66 – A3092 (China and Hong Kong model)
- 5G: 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 12, 20, 25, 26, 28, 30, 38, 40, 41, 48, 53, 66, 70, 77, 78, 79 SA/NSA/Sub6 – A3090 (the international model); 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 12, 14, 20, 25, 26, 28, 29, 30, 38, 40, 41, 48, 53, 66, 70, 71, 77, 78, 79, 258, 260, 261 SA/NSA/Sub6/mmWave – A2846 (USA model); 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 12, 14, 20, 25, 26, 28, 29, 30, 38, 40, 41, 48, 53, 66, 70, 71, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79 SA/NSA/Sub6 – A3089 (model in China and Japan); 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 12, 20, 25, 26, 28, 30, 38, 40, 41, 48, 66, 70, 77, 78, 79 SA/NSA/Sub6 – A3092 (China and Hong Kong model)
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, Wi-Fi 6, dual-band
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes Bluetooth 5.3, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Yes, USB Type-C 2.0, DisplayPort
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: –
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- 3.5mm Jack: –
- Navigation: Yes, GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS, QZSS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors and Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: Yes
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: No
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: Yes (Face ID)
- Ultra Wideband Support: Yes, Ultra Wideband 2 (UWB)
- Stylus Pen: –
- SoS: Emergency SOS via Satellite (SMS sending/receiving)
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes, Siri
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: Yes, up to 15W Wireless Charging Capacity (Magsafe), up to 7.5W Wireless Charging Capacity (Qi)
- Built-in Mobile Payment: Yes, Apple Pay (Visa, MasterCard, AMEX certified)
- Water Resistant: Yes, IP68 rating, survive in up to 6 meters of fresh water for 30 minutes
- Dust Resistant: Yes, IP68 rating
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: 3349 mAh Non-removable Li-ion Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes, 20W Fast Charging Capacity, Charge to up to 50% in 30 minutes, 15W Fast Wireless Charging Capacity, 7.5W Fast Wireless Charging Capacity
- Apple iPhone 16 / Pro will use graphene heat dissipation system
- Apple watchOS 10.2 Beta 3 reintroduces “swipe to switch watch faces” option
- Apple iPhone 15/Pro dominates “list of fastest 5G phones” in the US
- Apple iPhone SE 4 rendering: 48MP main camera, 6.1-inch screen, USB-C port
- 😂🤣 British man bought iPhone 15 Pro Max from Apple’s official website, but received an Android copycat phone
- Apple macOS 14.2 Developer Preview Beta 3 released
- Apple watchOS 10.2 developer preview Beta 3 released
- Apple iOS/iPadOS 17.2 Developer Preview Beta 3 released
- How to identify your Apple Watch model
- Top 10 Best Movies/TV Shows Apps For Android/iPhone in 2023
Advertising statement: The external jump links (including but not limited to hyperlinks, QR codes, passwords, etc.) contained in the article are used to convey more information and save selection time. The results are for reference only. All Naijatechnews articles include this statement.