In yet another step towards convenience and accessibility Jio is now launching Wi-Fi calling at no additional charge to all of its voice subscribers in India.
Continue after the short break
ad: GET $10,000+ Free Elon Musk Money on X (Twitter) Click Here
ad: Monetize your Facebook Account for Monthly $500 Click Here
ad: How to Earn Free $100 on Binance & Withdraw Click Here
- Jumia Black Friday Sales 90% OFF
- Download All Latest Movies & TV Series
- Download PPSSPP Games
- Download All Premium Apps for Android
- Latest Phones Specs & Prices
- Latest PC Specs & Prices
- Check Latest Tech News & Telcom gist
- How to tech and guides DIY
You do need a supported device to make use of the feature. The list is rather long – a good thing in this case, but some of the more notable handsets include:
- Apple iPhone 6s and newer
- Google Pixel 3, 3A, 3A XL
- Motorola Moto G6
- Most Samsung Galaxy A, J, M and On series phones from around 2016 and newer; Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S6 and newer flagships
- The popular Xiaomi Poco F1, Redmi K20 and K20 Pro
- Many other models from vivo, TECNO, Mobiistar, Lava, itel, Infinix and Coolpad
Beyond that, there really seems to be no immediately obvious catch. You can both place and receive calls on any Wi-Fi network at no additional cost. The feature even works in roaming.
Jio also advertises seamless automatic transition between VoLTE and Wi-Fi calling and, even suggests that you should keep both connections active for the best possible experience. Oh, and video calls are supported as well.
Akash Ambani, director at Jio commented on the launch:
At Jio, we are constantly innovating to enhance customer experience or solve their problems. At this juncture, when an average Jio consumer uses over 900 minutes of voice calls every month, and at a growing base of consumers, the launch of Jio Wi-Fi Calling will further enhance every Jio consumer’s voice-calling experience, which is already a benchmark for the industry with India’s-first all VoLTE network.
Wi-Fi calling is expected to roll-out across India between now and January 17. For a full list of supported devices, you can head on over to the source link. There are also instructions on how to enable Wi-Fi calling on a supported handset, although the process is really straight-forward.
Advertising statement: The external jump links (including but not limited to hyperlinks, QR codes, passwords, etc.) contained in the article are used to convey more information and save selection time. The results are for reference only. All Naijatechnews articles include this statement.