Apple devices aren’t the only creative tools out there anymore with LumaFusion Android and ChromeOS beta.
LumaFusion is one of the best mobile NLEs on the market (until maybe DaVinci Resolve for iPad comes along). Until now, creatives could cut their projects on LumaFusion for iPad and iPhone. But that all changes, as the company behind it has released a beta for both Android and ChromeOS, giving creative access to even more filmmakers.
For mobile filmmakers, LumaFusion has dominated the iOS market for years, and one of the top requests has been a version for those using a Galaxy smartphone or tablet. After so much time, non-Apple creatives can finally get their feet wet.
Table of Contents
not just a port
LumaTouch didn’t port the iOS version to Android and ChromeOS, but instead built this new version of LumaFusion from the ground up. If you’re familiar with the iOS UI, it’s similar but offers an experience that Android and ChromeOS users will be comfortable with.
LumaFusion for Android credit: LumaTouch
Features include editing with up to six tracks of video and six tracks of audio; Comprehensive video and audio editing tools, such as a magnetic timeline, insert/overwrite, link/unlink clips, panning, and keyframe audio levels with EQ; Lots of color correction tools and LUTs to get the look you want; Multiple frame rates and resolutions support; and many more.
Mobile filmmakers using Android or ChromeOS as their capture or editing devices will find LumaFusion to be a solid option for adding more production value. While there are plenty of features for cutting everything from a short film or video to a long-form project, this tool set will be a boon to digital content creators trying to find an edge over the competition.
Full List of Features in LumaFusion for Android and ChromeOS
- Layer up to 6 video and 6 audio tracks (number of layers determined by your device type)
- Powerful magnetic timeline with insert/overwrite and link/unlink clips
- Display track headers to lock, hide and mute tracks
- Use preset effects or create your own
- add markers with notes
- Cut, copy, and paste across your timeline and between projects using multi-select
- layer effect; green screen, luma and chroma keys, blur, distort, style and color
- Use powerful color correction tools
- Choose from included color LUTs like FiLMiC, deLog or import your own .cube or .3dl
- Animate with unlimited keyframes
- Save and share effects presets
- Create slow motion/fast motion forward and reverse
- Create smooth slow motion using 120 and 240 fps files
- edit with time lapse video
- Keyframe audio levels, panning and EQ for the perfect mix
- Fill-to-left/right for dual-mono audio capture
- Duck music during dialogue with auto-ducking
- Create multilayer titles with shapes and images
- Adjust font, color, face, border, and shadow
- Save and share title presets
- Create projects with a variety of aspect ratios (including landscape, portrait, square, and widescreen film)
- Work in frame rates from 18fps to 240fps
- Duplicate, add notes, and use color-tag projects
- Access media directly from your device
- Link media to a USB-C drive—only download what you use on the timeline
- Import Media: Cloud Storage (Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive)
- StoryBlox library (in-app purchase) includes thousands of royalty-free music, sound fx, videos and backgrounds
- View detailed metadata for your media
- Rename, add and color-tag notes
- Sort and search to quickly find what you need
- Share movies easily with controls over resolution, quality and framerate
- Create snapshot of any frame
- Archive projects for backup or editing on another device
The beta LumaFusion for Android and ChromeOS is available on Google Play and the Samsung Galaxy Store for $19.99, 30% off the normal price of $29.99 (same as iOS). The full price will go into effect once the final version is released, so creatives will want to take advantage of the low price now, especially since it’s a one-time purchase with free updates.
Check out LumaTouch’s site for more info.
If you’re a mobile filmmaker using an NLE app on Android or ChromeOS, would you give the new LumaFusion a test drive? Tell us in the comments!
For more such interesting article like this, app/softwares, games, Gadget Reviews, comparisons, troubleshooting guides, listicles, and tips & tricks related to Windows, Android, iOS, and macOS, follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and Pinterest.
Advertising statement: The external jump links (including but not limited to hyperlinks, QR codes, passwords, etc.) contained in the article are used to convey more information and save selection time. The results are for reference only. All Naijatechnews articles include this statement.