This post contains information on how to migrate to MTN TruTalk.
Are you on tariff plans that charge 22k/sec and above on calls, and you’re a type that makes lots of calls?
Then, you’re really missing out if you haven’t joined the MTN TruTalk tariff plan where you can make calls at a very cheap rate of 11k/sec, send SMS at cheap rates, and also get free data bonus on recharge.
Many customers have been wasting their money and airtime on other tariff plans that give just data bonuses, but charge high on calls and SMS.
It’s very annoying when you are charged 40k/sec on calls and only get a 5MB bonus when you recharge your line, isn’t it? Of course, it is, especially when you only use your MTN line for calls.
But from today on, after completely reading through this post, you’ll no longer pay much on calls, for I’ll show you how to migrate to MTN TruTalk tariff plan where you can start enjoying your calls at 11kobo/sec. Just keep scrolling down slowly to find out more!
Table of Contents
About MTN TruTalk
First things first, what is MTN TruTalk, or what is MTN True Talk, and how does it work?
MTN TruTalk or MTN True Talk (whichever way you may call it), is a prepaid tariff plan that allows customers to enjoy a FLAT rate of 11.26kobo/sec for calls ACROSS ALL local Networks in Nigeria after paying a daily access fee of ₦7.17.
That simply means when you migrate to MTN TruTalk, you’ll be able to make calls at approximately 11 kobo per second to all networks in Nigeria including MTN, Glo, Airtel, and 9mobile, after paying a daily rental fee of ₦7.17 which will be charged on the first second of your first call of the day.
This plan also comes with some exclusive data bonuses including a 10MB Monthly Data Bonus on the first recharge or first call of the month.
MTN TruTalk is available to all MTN prepaid customers, it is free to join, and also gives you access to all MTN products & services.
Now, let’s see how to migrate to MTN True Talk.
How to Migrate to MTN TruTalk
To migrate to MTN TruTalk in a fast and easy way, simply;
- Text TT to 131.
And you’ll be instantly migrated from your current tariff plan to the MTN TruTalk tariff plan absolutely for free.
That’s how to migrate to MTN TruTalk via SMS. There are still more methods if you don’t like this one. Let’s check them out!
Don’t Miss: MTN BetaTalk Migration Code for 5X Bonus on Every Recharge.
MTN TruTalk Migration Code
The working MTN True Talk code is;
- Simply dial *400# or *123*2*6#.
- Then, reply with ‘1’ – to migrate to TruTalk.
Alternatively, you can follow this easy step-by-step guideline below to migrate to MTN TruTalk tariff plan with the USSD code.
- Simply dial *123#.
- Select the option for “Tariff Plans”.
- Select the option for “TruTalk” from the list.
- Finally, reply with option 1 – to migrate to TruTalk.
And that’s all. Once done correctly, you’ll be instantly migrated from your current tariff plan to the MTN TruTalk tariff plan. It is totally free.
That’s not all the methods. If you have a data-enabled device, the below methods on how to migrate to MTN True Talk are just perfect for you. Let’s see!
How to Migrate to MTN True Talk
We talked about the easiest ways to migrate to MTN TruTalk above. This method is easy too, but you just need a data connection to carry it out. This is because it is simply how to migrate to MTN TruTalk online via MTN App and Website.
Via MTN Website:
- Logon to https://mymtn.com.ng
- Enter your phone number.
- Enter OTP and select ‘Proceed’.
- On the top right corner of the home page, click your name.
- Select My Plan.
- Select Other Plans.
- Select MTN TruTalk.
Via MTN App:
- Login to myMTN App.
- Select Other Plans.
- Finally, select ‘TruTalk’.
And that’s it, you’ll be migrated to the TruTalk tariff plan on MTN.
Read Also: How to Migrate to MTN Pulse.
MTN TruTalk Call Rate
This post definitely won’t be complete if we don’t talk more about the MTN TruTalk call rate and how long you can make calls with N100 airtime.
- 11.26k/sec is the MTN TruTalk call rate, after paying the daily access fee of ₦7.17.
- If you don’t have enough airtime balance to pay for the access fee, you’ll be charged 15.36k/sec.
- SMS is charged at ₦4/SMS.
Now, let’s calculate for N100 airtime, how many minutes of calls you can make.
- N100 – N7.17 (Access Fee) = N92.83 (Left).
- 11.26k × 60 seconds = N6.75k.
- Therefore, with N100 airtime, you’ll get 92.83/6.75 ≈ 13 minutes 45 seconds.
That is, with N100 airtime, you’ll make calls of approximately 13 minutes 45 seconds.
MTN Tru Talk Benefits
Here are some of the major reasons why you should choose MTN TruTalk.
- A flat rate of 11.26kobo/sec for calls ACROSS ALL local Networks in Nigeria (MTN, Glo, Airtel, and 9mobile), after paying a daily access fee of ₦7.17.
- FREE migration EVERY time you migrate to MTN TruTalk.
- Access to all MTN products & services.
- Free 10MB Monthly Data Bonus on the First recharge or First call of the month.
Below are some other MTN plans;
- MTN BetaTalk: You will get 500% Bonus on every recharge on this tariff plan.
- MTN XtraValue: You can make 40 minutes calls with just N300 on this plan, and also get tons of special data offers.
- MTN Awuf4U: You’ll get 5X the value of the amount you recharge as bonus with this offer.
- MTN TruTalk: You can make calls at 11.26k/sec and also get free 10MB data bonus every month on this plan.
- MTN mPulse: Get access to educational content, cheap data offers and cheap call rate.
Both on data bonuses and cheap call rates, the MTN telecommunication company render satisfactory services to all its customers by launching new and exclusive tariff plans frequently, which TruTalk is one of them.
By now, I believe how to migrate to MTN TruTalk or how to migrate to MTN True Talk shouldn’t trouble you anymore. This is because I’ve shown you the MTN TruTalk migration code, and how to activate the MTN True Talk code in this post.
If you still have questions, please feel free to use the comments box below, I’ll be glad to help.
For more such interesting article like this, app/softwares, games, Gadget Reviews, comparisons, troubleshooting guides, listicles, and tips & tricks related to Windows, Android, iOS, and macOS, follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and Pinterest.
Advertising statement: The external jump links (including but not limited to hyperlinks, QR codes, passwords, etc.) contained in the article are used to convey more information and save selection time. The results are for reference only. All Naijatechnews articles include this statement.