how can we share our smartphone’s Internet connection with our pc Via Bluetooth? is it possible?
yes, it’s verified a confirmed working
This is one of the advantages of owning a smartphone at least it will lessen the need of purchasing USB moderns since we can share our phones Internet via USB cable, WiFi Hotspot and now Bluetooth, the Bluetooth component on our phone is always idle, let’s give her some work.
Pros and cons of sharing our Internet connection via Bluetooth:
- It consumes less battery unlike Hotspot
- We can connect to many devices at the same time.
- The connection is secured and cannot easily be hacked unless you pair up with anonymous persons
- With Bluetooth tethering, we can connect to a WiFi Hotspot and still share the connection with others via Bluetooth
- Bluetooth connection can be slow compared to other forms of tethering
- Bluetooth tethering has a lower range of connection.
Alright straight to how we can Tether our Bluetooth connection with our pc
Things needed before one can share phone’s Internet connection with PC via Bluetooth
- an android phone with a working Bluetooth component
- A PC with an inbuilt Bluetooth Compo or an external Bluetooth device connected to the pc.
- and adhering to the instructions below promptly
- Go to your android phone settings and turn Bluetooth ON
- Go to your pc under settings, devices then Bluetooth turn it on
- Go to the Bluetooth icon on your taskbar, right-click and select “Open settings” a page will display, tick on the box “Allow Bluetooth devices see the name of this PC”
- Now go to phone Bluetooth settings, search for new devices your pc name will be on the list after the scan, connect as shown in the screenshots below
Pair with your pc
- Turn your phone data connection on
- Go to settings, under wireless and network, Tethering and hotspot, turn Bluetooth Tethering on
Head straight to your PC, on the Bluetooth icon on the Taskbar, right-click, select”Join a Personal Area network“, then the available networks will display, i. e your device name, right-click on your device click on connect then access point as shown below
A successfully connected pop up will display, at this stage, you have successfully connected your phone Internet via Bluetooth, your phone will equally show that a Bluetooth Hotspot is connected and running
You can now surf the Internet on your pc via your android smartphone Bluetooth aided connection connection
if you like this information, why not share it
use any of the social media share buttons below
For more such interesting article like this, app/softwares, games, Gadget Reviews, comparisons, troubleshooting guides, listicles, and tips & tricks related to Windows, Android, iOS, and macOS, follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and Pinterest.
Advertising statement: The external jump links (including but not limited to hyperlinks, QR codes, passwords, etc.) contained in the article are used to convey more information and save selection time. The results are for reference only. All Naijatechnews articles include this statement.