The ZTE Nubia Z30 Pro comes in as one of the smartphones bearing the flag of the Nubia Z-series, after the Nubia Z20. It sheds off the dual-display that sort of placed the Z20 on the headlines, which leaves us with a very traditional design, packing more powerful a smartphone hardware.
Table of Contents
- Design and Display
- The Cameras
- Hardware and Software
- ZTE Nubia Z30 Pro Price and Availability
- ZTE Nubia 30 Pro Specs
ZTE Nubia Z30 Pro Key Specs & Features
- 6.67 inches AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2400 Pixels, ~395 PPI, 144Hz Refresh Rate,
- Android 11, Nubia UI 9
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 5G (5 nm)
- 6GB RAM / 8GB RAM / 16GB
- 256GB / 512GB built-in storage, with No support for MicroSD
- 64MP + 64MP + 8MP + 64MP Quad Rear Cameras
- 5G Network
- Non-Removable 4200mAh Li-Po Battery
- 120W Wired Fast Battery Charging
Design and Display
The ZTE Nubia 30 pro’s design may look different from the Z20’s, but it certainly isn’t a new / innovative design.
Perusing the design on this device could leave you with a notion that it was inspired by the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 ultra, as we have a lot of resembling cues.
For starters, we have got round edges on this device. Moving on to the rear, we have a very conspicuous camera bump in a distinguished square with darker tone colour. This square also bears the Nubia branding, which is enough for enthusiasts to tell it’s a ZTE smartphone.
Moving up front, we have a 6.67-inch AMOLED display with a punch-hole camera in the middle. The highlights of the particulars of this display include a resolution of 1080 x 2400 Pixels, a density of approximately 395 PPI, and a 144Hz refresh rate.
On the camera department of the ZTE Nubia Z30 Pro, we have one of the most capable setup on a smartphone in recent times.
On the rear, we have a 64MP primary camera with an aperture of f/1.6, a 64MP standard camera with an aperture of f/1.9, an 8MP periscope telephoto camera with an aperture of f/3.4 and a 64MP ultrawide camera with an aperture of f/2.2 and a 120˚ field of view.
As for the front cameras, the details on the specs weren’t available as at the time this article was written.
Hardware and Software
Moving on to the performance facilitators on the ZTE Nubia 30 Pro. We have the Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 as the Chief, alongside the Adreno 660 GPU.
Moving on to the highlights of the rest of the facilitators, we have storage and RAM configurations that include 256GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM, 512GB 16GB RAM. What’s more, we have a non-removable 4200mAh battery with support of 120W fast charging.
On the software side, we have got the Nubia UI 9 user interface running on the Android 11 operating system.
The ZTE Nubia 30 Pro features a 3.5mm headphone Jack, a USB Type-C port, NFC, Bluetooth 5.1.
Internet connectivity on this device is capped at 5G, which means enthusiasts will be able to utilize 5G connectivity as long as they are in an area with reception.
ZTE Nubia Z30 Pro Price and Availability
The price of the ZTE Nubia 30 Pro wasn’t known as at the time this article was written, however, there are speculations it will start around $783, which translates to about 323,379, 84,337 KSH in Kenya and about 4,535 GHC.
The ZTE Nubia Z30 Pro was announced on May 20th 2021 and is expected to go on sale as from May 25th.
ZTE Nubia 30 Pro Specs
Here are a few specs of the ZTE Nubia 30 Pro:
- Platform: Android 11, Nubia UI 9
- Processor: Qualcomm SM8350 Snapdragon 888 5G (5 nm) (Octa-core 1×2.84 GHz Kryo 680 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 680 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 680)
- GPU: Adreno 660
- Memory: 8GB / 12GB / 16GB
- Colours: Silver, Black, Black/Gold
- Dimension: 161.8 x 73 x 8.5 mm
- Weight: 198g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.67-inch AMOLED, 1080 x 2400 Pixels, ~395 PPI, 20:9 Ratio, HDR10+, 144Hz Refresh
- Screen Protection: –
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 64 MP (Wide) f/1.6, OIS, PDAF, Laser AF + 64MP (Standard) f/1.9, PDAF + 8MP (Periscope Telephoto) f/3.4 + 64MP (Ultrawide) 120˚, f/2.2
- Rear Camera Features: Dual-LED flash, Panorama, HDR,
- Front Camera: –
- Built-in Storage: 256GB (UFS 3.1) / 512GB (UFS 3.1)
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: CDMA 800
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 18, 19, 20, 26, 28, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G: 1, 3, 28, 41, 77, 78, 79 SA/NSA
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: –
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Version 5.1, A2DP, LE, aptX
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Type-C 3.1
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Under display (Optical)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-Removable 4200mAH Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 120W Fast Charging Capacity