Want to learn to extract compressed ISO in RAR formats? Here are 3 ways to convert or extract RAR / ZIP files to ISO or other file formats.
For those who are new to playing PPSSPP/PSP games on Android and want to learn to extract compressed ISO in RAR formats, then here is the post you’ve been searching for. Also, for those who just want to extract a random compressed file online directly on their smartphones, you can check this out as well.
There are various methods which I’ve explained in a simple step-by-step guide below that can help to decompress the following archive types: 7z (7zip), zip, rar, rar5, bzip2, gzip, XZ, iso, tar, arj, cab, lzh, lha, lzma, xar, tgz, tbz, Z, deb, rpm, zipx, mtz, chm, dmg, cpio, cramfs, img (fat, ntfs, ubf), wim, ecm, lzip, zst (zstd), egg, alz etc.
Table of Contents
We’ll be making use of three popular android apps for this tutorial, they include;
Take note that these apps work independently depending on your preference. You don’t have to install all of them to get started, simply choose and stick with the one that works best for you.
One of the major reasons people choose to extract compressed files is for the purpose of playing PSP files in .ISO or .CSO formats.
What are ISO Files?
ISO file (often called an ISO image) is a file in the form of a disk. This file type will allow you to get or copy the entire contents of the disk or drive to ISO. They are often used for backing up optical discs, or for distributing large file sets that are intended to burn to an optical disc.
Like other important files, ISO can include all data files on your computer such as CD, SD Card, Flashdisk or other disk formats.
In addition, you have a RAR or ZIP file that you want to convert to ISO.
Usually, the PPSSPP game files that have been downloaded are still in the form of RAR and also cannot be played on the PPSSPP emulator. Because files that can be read by the PPSSPP emulator are files in the form of CSO or ISO.
But because the ISO or CSO file has a much larger size compared to the RAR file. So in order not to require a large amount of quota to download it, a trick is to convert the download file to RAR. The main aim here is to avoid consuming too much quota.
If you’re an ardent lover of PSP games, how then do you convert RAR or ZIP files to a playable file type on the PPSSPP emulator?
Worry not because, in this post on Naijatechnews, we will provide a way to convert or extract RAR files to ISO or other file formats. Check out the following explanation.
How to Extract RAR Files with ZArchiver
How to extract PSP game files that are still in RAR form using ZArchiver is as follows:
- Download and install the ZArchiver application first.
- Then Open and run the application.
- Next, look for the game file that is still in RAR form which will be extracted.
- If you have found it, click extract directly on the ZArchiver application.
- Then wait until the extract process is complete.
- After the extraction process is complete, open the extract results, you will see many files.
- Open the RAR file from the extracted results, then extract the file that is written behind the RAR, such as the b-krchfj.rar file in the image above.
- Wait until the Extract process is complete.
- Finally, extract the game file to your PSP folder (the extracted file extension must be .iso)
In the example of the tutorial above, the RAR file which was originally larger in size, i.e 965MB, after being successfully extracted to ISO the size will change to 1.60 GB in size.
In the image below, the ticked part is the result of the RAR file which is extracted into an ISO file. If it’s like that, the PPSSPP emulator can immediately read it and the game is ready to play.
How to Open RAR Files on Android with RAR App
- First of all download and install the RAR application on the Playstore.
[appbox googleplay com.rarlab.rar]
- When it’s finished installing, just open the application.
- Then find the RAR file to extract.
- If so, later you will be directed to where you will extract the file.
- If you do not change the name of the folder, it will be moved into a folder that is still the same name as the RAR file.
- Press Ok to confirm.
- If the contents of the file are in ISO format, they can be used immediately.
- If the RAR file is part, then all you have to do is check all the parts of the RAR file that just extracted it as usual.
- Then the file will be extracted automatically.
How to Unzip a Zip File Using X-Plore on Android
- Download and install X-plore apk app via Google play store.
[appbox googleplay com.lonelycatgames.Xplore]
- Locate and open the file to be extracted. (screenshotted photo below shows I’m extracting a MTNBis + VPN file)
- Slide left or Click on the blue arrow on the top right to access the other pane of the app. (Dual pane features)
- Select where you want your file to be extracted to. (The screenshot below showed that I selected “document”)
- Shortly after selecting a folder, Slide right or tap on the blue arrow to go back to the previous section. (You don’t have to slide from one pane to another if you’re using a larger screen device such as a tablet)
- Select and hold down the folder or file inside the zip folder for about 2 secs. A panel will pop-up requiring you to select a command. (See image below)
- Tap on okay. (Don’t tick “move mode” if you don’t want to delete the file from its zipped folder.)
- That’s all, just locate the extracted file through your phone file explorer/manager.
Files are compressed because of so many reasons, it could be for compression to reduce sizes or perhaps, to group them all together in one file so as to allow the ease of downloading them all at once. Regardless of why you want to extract a RAR, ZIP or other compressed files, this article right here has covered everything you need to know. If you have any problem extracting files on your Android device through the methods mentioned above, then don’t hesitate to drop a comment right below.
That’s the explanation about how to easily extract RAR files into ISO or other formats on Android. Hopefully, the above explanation can be useful for you. If there is a deficiency, please understand.
For more PSP games that you can play, check out our list of the best PSP / PPSSPP games to download for Android.
For more such interesting article like this, app/softwares, games, Gadget Reviews, comparisons, troubleshooting guides, listicles, and tips & tricks related to Windows, Android, iOS, and macOS, follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and Pinterest.
Advertising statement: The external jump links (including but not limited to hyperlinks, QR codes, passwords, etc.) contained in the article are used to convey more information and save selection time. The results are for reference only. All Naijatechnews articles include this statement.